PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Reg's

TRACI
10-16-2007, 12:51
So are the Atomic Reg's as great as everyone says? My LDS really tries push the Atomic line, but they are a little costly.

BobbyWombat
10-16-2007, 13:53
The Atomic regs get consistently good ratings. I have an Atomic Z1 that I've been very happy with.

Atomic is good quality, and you will get what you paid for. ScubaPro and Apex also get consistently good marks.

My personal advice: Just trawl around for a good deal on a good regulator. I wasn't dead set on getting an Atomic, but I recognized a good deal when I saw it.

-BW

diversteve
10-16-2007, 17:17
I dive an Atomic T2. It's by far the easiest breathing reg I've ever used. And the swivel makes it more comfortable than anything I've owned. Even vertically upside down at 120', it breathed completely dry.

It was pricey as you mentioned.
It sounds silly to say this but what's your life worth?
Mine's worth $1400 evidently. :smilie39:

It's spoiled me for anything except a better Apeks or Poseidon. If there is one.

If you believe what you read in Scubadiving, Atomic rates consistently the best. And according to Atomic, all their models breath the same, the difference is in the materials used.

Iceman
10-16-2007, 18:01
Best breathing regulators I've ever used. But, my two had a first stage leakage problem. After a long delay the LDS says was caused by Atomic replacements are on the way to me. If they don't leak they will be wonderful.

ScaredSilly
10-16-2007, 18:58
Good regs I own 4 of them all Z2s use them for everything deep, deco, shallow, short. The only difference in the line is the materials used to make them. I went cheap and bought many.

awap
10-16-2007, 19:09
It was pricey as you mentioned. It sounds silly to say this but what's your life worth? Mine's worth $1400 evidently.

While Atomic is clearly among the top regs, IMHO it is silly to think that your life is more secure with an Atomic reg rather than a long list of other (less expensive) quality regulators. So what makes you think your life is safer with a $1400 (it hurt just to type it) than a $400 reg?

RECDiver
10-16-2007, 19:37
I love my Atomic M1 and plan on getting another.

diversteve
10-16-2007, 21:45
While Atomic is clearly among the top regs, IMHO it is silly to think that your life is more secure with an Atomic reg rather than a long list of other (less expensive) quality regulators. So what makes you think your life is safer with a $1400 (it hurt just to type it) than a $400 reg?Nothing. Which is why I posted it sounds silly to say.

I just added a smiley, but I thought everyone would get that I was kidding...

Didn't hurt at all...really.

Although I could make a valid case that a regulator engineered to meet a $1400 price point is likely superior in design and materials than one engineered to meet a $400 price point.

awap
10-16-2007, 22:18
While Atomic is clearly among the top regs, IMHO it is silly to think that your life is more secure with an Atomic reg rather than a long list of other (less expensive) quality regulators. So what makes you think your life is safer with a $1400 (it hurt just to type it) than a $400 reg?Nothing. Which is why I posted it sounds silly to say.

I just added a smiley, but I thought everyone would get that I was kidding...

Didn't hurt at all...really.

Although I could make a valid case that a regulator engineered to meet a $1400 price point is likely superior in design and materials than one engineered to meet a $400 price point.

Sorry. I guess I'm just oversensetive to the "It's life support" BS.

And yes, you could make the case. But I doubt if it would be valid. Regulator design has really not changed much in the last 30 years. Materials and manufacturing processes have improved but that is available to all the manufacturers.

jnelson08
10-19-2007, 13:42
Well all I know is that I have the B2 and I love it... I have had absolutely no problems with it!

loudgonzo
10-19-2007, 14:50
I have the Z2 reg and octo, I love them, literally. When I'm not diving, I just stare at them for hours, write poems and songs....just kidding! Seriously I am kidding!!

I haven't used many different regs, but these do breathe a lot easier than the others I used before.

Jipps
10-23-2007, 23:20
I dive a B2 w/ the SS1 Titanium, awsome set up and I love them, they both breath great even down at 120ft upside down. Of course, i also use the atomic frameless mask and splitfins....now if only they would make me a BC and a Speargun i would be happy, lol.

Cynthia
12-06-2007, 09:57
I have the B2 and the SSI Stainless. Sometimes in life you get what you pay for and other times you don't, but, in my opinion, the B2 was worth every single penny. It breathes so easy, the swivel is fabulous, the warranty is beyond reproach, and it works problem free consistently. I would highly recommend Atomic to anyone!

in_cavediver
12-06-2007, 11:06
An interesting observation. Most divers only have one reg and look to either by the first or to make a significant upgrade from an inferior model. With that, how many can really give a good appraisel of performance vs other brands? Not many IMHO.

Personally, I have Zeagle, Sherwood and Dive Rite. I can't tell a difference between the top of the line Flathead 6, the Zeagle Envoy or the Dive Rite RG2500's I have and I 'have' used multiple regs on the same dive,depth up to around 200'

My opinion - Get a quality reg, that has a comfortable 2nd stage to you and be happy. Well, that and I wouldn't drop $1400 on a reg. I bought 3 Dive Rites for that.

TRACI
12-06-2007, 11:49
I think I will finally get to purchase the B2 on Saturday, when I get to go to Scuba Toys, :emot-woot: I love going there!!!!!!!!!