PDA

View Full Version : Octo-Z Hose Connection

rfreddo
10-16-2007, 16:44
It looks like the female connector where the inflator hose and Octo-Z join are not standard garden hose threads. I've tried both plastic and metal male connections and neither seem to work without cross-threading. Has anyone else noticed this?

charlesml3
10-17-2007, 08:49
Nope. I've hooked mine up to a standard garden hose plenty of times.

-Charles

rfreddo
10-17-2007, 12:19
Hmmm. Following Larry's light bulb analogy, I guess I better not try changing out any air hoses then!

charlesml3
10-17-2007, 12:35
I'm not sure what to tell you, dude. Here are some things to try:

Take the Octo-Z off and see if you can thread that onto the OTHER end of the hose. No water or anything, just check to see that the threads will engage.

Examine the end of the corrugated hose and make sure the threads didn't get munged somehow.

-Charles

CaribbeanDiver
10-17-2007, 17:10
It looks like the female connector where the inflator hose and Octo-Z join are not standard garden hose threads. I've tried both plastic and metal male connections and neither seem to work without cross-threading. Has anyone else noticed this?you must have a metric hose. those are very rare, maybe you should hang onto that baby.:smilie39:

paintsnow
10-18-2007, 18:42
yeah, ive done it a few times already and it works fine for me

danielh03
10-20-2007, 02:59
It looks like the female connector where the inflator hose and Octo-Z join are not standard garden hose threads. I've tried both plastic and metal male connections and neither seem to work without cross-threading. Has anyone else noticed this?you must have a metric hose. those are very rare, maybe you should hang onto that baby.:smilie39:

Well if it was an Imperial hose, wouldn't you have to battle Darth Vader to hook it up first?:smiley36:

rfreddo
10-20-2007, 09:11
Sorry I asked! :smiley29:

ScubaToys Larry
10-20-2007, 09:20
Wow... are divers clever or what? Hey... if you want to bring it in we can look at it! :smiley20:

kev99
11-09-2007, 21:47
It looks like the female connector where the inflator hose and Octo-Z join are not standard garden hose threads. I've tried both plastic and metal male connections and neither seem to work without cross-threading. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's not just you, mine is the same way. I always end up just holding the hose close to the inflator hose while I turn the water on. I was confused the first time I tried to flush out my BC according to the pictures I saw of hooking up the garden hose to it and it did not thread up. My threads are definitely not the same.

rfreddo
11-09-2007, 23:06
Yeah, what he said! So I'm not crazy afterall.
:smiley32: