PDA

View Full Version : Flower Garden

Medic506
10-17-2007, 10:54
Was wondering if anybody has visited the Flower Gardens. I am very interested diving this site but most of the people in my local area say that for the money and trouble they would rather dive Cozumel. Looking for suggestions and also best times for visiting the Gardens.

DevilDiver
10-17-2007, 11:31
IMO- The Flower Gardens are great. Cost runs around $450-650 per trip depending on time of year and length. Opportunities to see Whale Shark, Hammerheads, Silky and occasional Bulls. Manta Rays are common as well as are tons of Barracuda and Jacks. As always plenty of the common reef fish and healthy corals.

I would suggest an advanced certification a least or experience with the conditions you would expect diving in open sea.

Cozumel is always great dive destination, but the Gardens are an awesome experience just don't expect to be pampered. If you are looking for easy-laid back diving stick to the resorts............:smiley20:

RoadRacer1978
10-17-2007, 11:42
If you've never done it, gotta try it. I haven't been there either, but want to. You don't have to dive it time after time, but I think it is something to see once at least.

fire diver
10-17-2007, 12:16
I've heard so many people rave about the FG, that I plan on making it sometime soon. My daughter wants to go too, but she needs some more experience in diving first.

Our dive club is considering booking the entire boat if we can get enough people to go.

FD

DevilDiver
10-17-2007, 12:20
We are going this weekend on the last trip of the season for the Spree. I can talk with Capitan Frank about booking the boat for the ST Forum to see what kind of deal there might be for a group. The boat holds 22 if we can fill it up......

I would suggest early summer when the water warms up.

Defman
10-17-2007, 13:04
Anybody used the Sea Searcher II?? Webpage seems to come & go, links may or may not work. I've heard they cost a little more, but take less divers and aren't as crowded.

Medic506
10-17-2007, 17:40
Thanks for the great info. I would love to join a forum dive to this location but I am a newly certified and judging by your comments and my research I need a few dives under my belt before attempting this dive. Hopefully I can get the needed experiance prior to this summer.