PDA

View Full Version : Utila in May (any hints)

tarheeldiver
10-17-2007, 13:08
My wife and I will be making our 1st trip to Utila in May we are staying at Deep Blue and would like any tips from Utila veterans. How is the flight connection in San Pedro Sula? Anyone dove with Deep Blue?
thanks
greg

tarheeldiver
10-20-2007, 05:58
Anyone been there?

ScaredSilly
10-20-2007, 10:28
Flight connections - if you make them great. If not you will wait in San Pedro Sula for basically a day. Otherwise it is taxi, bus, and boat. We did the later and got there about noon the next day and still got out to dive. The boat crossing can be rough or great - we got both.

Lots of good places to eat along the main strip. There is a store in town to buy breakfast and lunch. Lots boats going out with a mix of diving abilities.

A highly reccomended side trip is to go to Copan. Plan for a couple of days there.

mitsuguy
10-20-2007, 11:03
not yet... if you wait til later in the year next year though, I'll be living there :)

there is someone on the board familiar with the place, go to Dive Spots > Caribbean & Central America... there is already a couple running posts about Roatan and Utila

frrdiver
10-21-2007, 17:42
Consider Whaleshark peak season from February to March and September thru November.

tarheeldiver
10-21-2007, 19:14
Consider Whaleshark peak season from February to March and September thru November.
according to Deep Blue May is peak for them also. They are suppose to be one of the best ops at finding them.
greg