PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Nitrox

berick
10-17-2007, 20:34
I'll be purchasing a second computer as a backup before an early December liveaboard trip to Belize. I'd like a wrist mount since my other computer is a console. Does anyone have some feedback on the Geo/Manta? Or, is there another Nitrox wrist mount you would suggest? I'm not looking for AI at this time and I may use the computer as a daily watch.

BobbyWombat
10-18-2007, 09:14
You'll probably get a lot of "I have this" and "I have this" answers from people telling you how great their gear is. How annoying.

I have an Oceanic VEO250 that I carry wrist mounted. Nitrox compatible. Great little computer for a good price. :smiley2:

Netsloth
10-18-2007, 09:17
I'll be purchasing a second computer as a backup before an early December liveaboard trip to Belize. I'd like a wrist mount since my other computer is a console. Does anyone have some feedback on the Geo/Manta? Or, is there another Nitrox wrist mount you would suggest? I'm not looking for AI at this time and I may use the computer as a daily watch.

Oceanic VT3 AI Wrist mount here. Totally happy.

:smiley20:

medic001918
10-18-2007, 12:17
I'm not sure about the watches you mentioned. Suunto does make some computers that function quite nicely as a regular watch. They can be on the high expense side though. I don't know what price range you're looking to be in.

If it's just a backup computer, and you didn't want to use it as a regular watch, your possibilities are endless.

Shane

berick
10-18-2007, 17:11
Thanks for the responses. I'll probably just buy a Geo and see how I like it. I usually go on 3 dive trips a year and I like my Tusa IQ-700. I have one IQ-700 and my wife has 2. I just need another for backup purposes and want to experiment with a different computer -- just for something different. I thought it might be nice to have something I could wear as a watch on my trips since I don't carry a cell phone on dive trips. However, this is definitely not a mandatory requirement. But, the Geo/Manta seems to fit that bill. I was looking at the Geo instead of the Veo or SR-1 NX because it has multiple buttons. I've decided after using a few computers that I prefer hitting different buttons to navigate the menus instead of the same button numerous times or holding the one button down for 5 seconds. etc.. I've also toyed with the idea of a Citizen Aqualand NX, but, decided if I really want a watch to wear daily I think I'd be happier buying a watch instead of a dive computer.