PDA

View Full Version : Talk about price matching!

abcitydiver
10-17-2007, 21:44
Hail to scubatoys!

So I sheepishly PM'd Larry about the Zeagle Quick Deploy SMB....practically choking on my typing (so to speak)...as I pointed out that I had found this item out on the web....with an authorized Zeagle dealer...for (cough)...less money.
And by the way, what could ST do for me?
When I checked my PM's an hour later, not only had they matched it, but they had lowered the price across the board for everyone.

Now the synic would say..they had to..since this board exists, free speach would come back and bite them on the behind if they didnt lower the price to match.

I would say..these are good guys, working hard for business, and they DESERVE IT.

Way to go, Joe & Larry

frankc420
10-17-2007, 21:46
Hmmm... and to think I was the only one getting special treatment!

(Glares at Joe & Larry)

J/K, glad you got what you wanted at an awesome deal!

creggur
10-18-2007, 06:25
I've seen that happen before here.. Just a great way to do business.. I don't in any way fault them for their published prices, the whole point is to charge what the market will bear..But when they say they will not be undersold they really mean it, and instead of just going above and beyond for one customer they extend it to everyone!!!! Just a great group of guys that treat us like intelligent consumers, gotta love it!!

TxScubaBear
10-18-2007, 08:25
Indeed- ST does rule!
Customer service is top notch!

ParrotheadDiver
10-18-2007, 09:12
and that my friends is why ST will be in business long after the others have bellied up :smiley32:

abunai671
10-31-2007, 15:49
you typically dont hear about online merchants beating the price AND lowering it for all other consumers. that to me sounds like an awesome deal and someone im definitely willing to do business with.

DZorn00
11-01-2007, 06:45
That is why ST gets all my Business,(250 post is so close I can taste it!)

RoadRacer1978
11-01-2007, 08:18
Awesome, but that is what we have all come to expect from the guys at ScubaToys. They have set the bar really high, and continue to raise it. Can't beat 'em.

Reg
11-28-2007, 05:39
Surely ST can't do this on Close-out items?.... Can they?

tarheeldiver
11-28-2007, 21:07
They have matched anything I have ever ask for

navyhmc
11-28-2007, 22:23
Larry is on the speed dial when I get to buy my new regulator and computer.

Flatliner
11-29-2007, 06:54
Now only will they price match. (The did for my reg) BUT if you have ANY problems with the product they will back it up 100%! When I wasn't totally happy with the performance of my new reg compared to another older reg I had, they did an annual service on my new reg for free AND consulted with me on where I wanted my cracking pressure set. I have been REALLY happy with it ever since.

SCUBATOYS ROCKS!!!

Xspect
11-29-2007, 09:22
Larry reminds me of the old ads in the NYC area for crazy Eddie. "He will never undersold because he is INSANE !!!!!

BobArnold8265
11-29-2007, 14:14
FYI, just in case you didn't know. The good folks at Scuba Toys can often also get you a good price on items they don't keep in stock. I recently bought a new camera and was shopping for a good price on an Ikelite housing. I found the best price off of the web and sent an e-mail to Larry and Joe. They matched the price and have it on order for me. You just can't beat service like that !!!

mwhities
11-29-2007, 14:30
Hmmm... and to think I was the only one getting special treatment!

(Glares at Joe & Larry)

J/K, glad you got what you wanted at an awesome deal!

I should kill this post in the name of Joe and Larry..... ;)

Michael

abcitydiver
11-29-2007, 17:57
Truly.....this one of those double edged sword kind of posts for ST!

In fairness, I've worked with another online retailer...(before finding scubatoys) that I would just email my dive purchase wish list to...and say..whats you're best price....they always came much lower than their website (which was already competitive).......So although we are trained as american consumers to shy away from trying to haggle......it seems some retraining is in order.....Joe & Larry are teaching us well!

PsychDiver
12-02-2007, 08:58
Saw my dive computer at another site but much less that ST site. Called them on the phone and got the same price. And because I am in TX I had it the next day. Service, Price, and Expertice. Can't go wrong with ST.

tarheeldiver
12-02-2007, 10:05
Saw my dive computer at another site but much less that ST site. Called them on the phone and got the same price. And because I am in TX I had it the next day. Service, Price, and Expertice. Can't go wrong with ST.
I got the same deal for my wife's computer