PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Envoy Deluxe

Netsloth
10-18-2007, 08:29
I have a question:

I dive a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe that I bought from Scubatoys, and I'm totally happy with it.

However, the 1st stage bumps into the neck of the inflator hose on my DSS wing. I need to slide the tank down a bit to get my trim right, but that presses on the neck, distorting the wing.

Would it hurt anything for me to flip the orientation of the 1st stage and swap the hoses so that the bulk of the regulator is above the yoke instead of below it?

Does what I'm describing make sense to anyone?

Aussie
10-18-2007, 09:30
I have a question:

I dive a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe that I bought from Scubatoys, and I'm totally happy with it.

However, the 1st stage bumps into the neck of the inflator hose on my DSS wing. I need to slide the tank down a bit to get my trim right, but that presses on the neck, distorting the wing.

Would it hurt anything for me to flip the orientation of the 1st stage and swap the hoses so that the bulk of the regulator is above the yoke instead of below it?

I am trying to make sense of it.

Does this only happen with a fully inflated wing? Whats it like with an empty wing?

Aussie

Netsloth
10-18-2007, 09:57
I have a question:

I am trying to make sense of it.

Does this only happen with a fully inflated wing? Whats it like with an empty wing?

Aussie

Yes, as the wing inflates, it bumps against the 1st stage. Empty, the wing is just bunched under it.

Aussie
10-18-2007, 10:34
So there is no problem while your diving its only when you fully inflate your wing that the wing squashes onto the first stage?

Aussie

No Misses
10-18-2007, 11:10
I does not matter which way you orient the first stage. Some people like to put them sidways and route all of thier hoses out one side (bottom).

Netsloth
10-18-2007, 11:24
Aussie, that is correct. I don't guess it's a huge deal.

No Misses, thanks. That's what I was wondering. If I flip it 180 degrees, it will give me about 2" more clearance under the stage.

BobbyWombat
10-18-2007, 11:51
You can flip it, but you might start banging your head on the 1st stage when you look up. You will also need to switch your hoses around, but that is no big deal. You could try it and see what you think.

I've seen Tobin (Mr. DSS) offer some good advice on this particular probem on SB. You might look there, but you could also just call him up and ask.

Netsloth
10-18-2007, 11:55
You can flip it, but you might start banging your head on the 1st stage when you look up. You will also need to switch your hoses around, but that is no big deal. You could try it and see what you think.

I've seen Tobin (Mr. DSS) offer some good advice on this particular probem on SB. You might look there, but you could also just call him up and ask.

That's a good point. The whole reason I'm trying to adjust is because my head hits the stage. I guess it wouldn't really accomplish anything to flip the stage, since then the tank would sit lower, but the stage would be higher. I'd be right back where I started.

I guess I'm just going to have to live with the tank a little higher than I'm used to. I'll have to work the trim out some other way. I believe I've seen Tobin talk about that issue, now that you mention it. I believe his answer was that you get used it.

LOL.