PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Z2

UCFKnightDiver
10-18-2007, 10:14
This regulator is not made with titanium as the others made by atomic are, does this make a difference, in how long it will last??? or how it will preform?

Edit: Here is a link to the product in this thread: Atomic Z2 Regulator reviews and discounts, Atomic (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AtomicZ2)

BobbyWombat
10-18-2007, 11:58
In short, NO. It doesn't make a difference.

All of the Atomic regulators (and any other high quality regulator for that matter) should give you a lifetime of trouble free service IF you take care of it properly and have it serviced IAW the manufacturer's recommendation. (1/yr for most 1 every 2 yrs for some Atomic).

The titanium is indeed corrosion resistant, which is good...but with proper rinsing after every dive, and regular service, corrosion shouldn't be a problem anyway. I think the selling point of it is that it is LIGHT.

All of the Atomic regulators are billed as having the same high quality performance. I can't verify this first hand since I haven't tried them all. I can say that I have an Atomic Z1, and have zero complaints. Never had any problems or corrosion issues with it.

-BW

Jipps
10-23-2007, 23:22
Just wanna correct you Rox, the Z2 uses some titanium, however, the inlet tube is not and since this is the major part the smaller pieces get overlooked. Just wanted to give a shout for the little parts behind the scenes so to speak, lol.

UCFKnightDiver
10-24-2007, 12:52
I gotchya thanks jipps

ScubaToys Larry
10-24-2007, 13:30
With a slight smile, I always explain to people that Titanium is great - it will last 1000 years, while those ole' brass ones are probably only good for 200!

UCFKnightDiver
10-26-2007, 00:22
ahh well i imagine that either will be good for me, dont plan on living 200 yrs lol

Jipps
10-28-2007, 12:45
exactly right larry, i tend to tell people that too.

ScaredSilly
10-31-2007, 17:17
A while back 2005??? Scuba Diving did some tests on "Muscle Regs" several of the Atomics made it into that catagory. All were about the same irregarless of the material. We have several Z2s - good regs.