PDA

View Full Version : Poll % not adding up.

BSea
10-18-2007, 18:20
Ok, this isn't a big thing, but I was looking at a poll titled "Which BP/W?". The percentages for the votes doesn't show correctly. At the time there where 15 votes with 7 for Oxycheq. The percentage shown for Oxycheq was 77.78%. Shouldn't it have been 46.67%? The other votes are over stated also.

NitroWill
10-18-2007, 19:05
Well, it is correct - in a way.

Some people voted for multiple choices - and it doesnt count each vote that each person made. You have to look at the total PEOPLE that voted at the bottom which is only 10 right now.

divingmedic
10-20-2007, 01:56
There are lies, damn lies, and statistic's.

sudnit5
10-20-2007, 13:37
Why does it have to be so confusing :smiley29:

BSea
10-22-2007, 08:18

Some people voted for multiple choices - and it doesnt count each vote that each person made. You have to look at the total PEOPLE that voted at the bottom which is only 10 right now.

That makes sense. I didn't understand that you could vote for multiple items in a poll, and didn't see the total number that voted.

NitroWill
10-22-2007, 08:26

That makes sense. I didn't understand that you could vote for multiple items in a poll, and didn't see the total number that voted.

That's an option that can be enable if desired when the poll is created - if the poll has checkboxes - you can vote for more then one - if it has the radio buttons - just one :smiley20: