PDA

View Full Version : I really hate this forum

RoadRacer1978
10-18-2007, 20:51
Now that I have your attention :smilie39:

I have lost countless hours of sleep. I can't help myself. I have a compulsion to be here, read every post. Then post replies. Hit the new thread button, uh oh, someone else posted, must reply. I really thought this would at least slow down after reaching the 250 mark, but to no avail. I am hopelessly doomed forever. As I sit here with no new posts to respond to I had to come up with my own thread just to post something. I'd make a plea for help, but I really don't want help :smiley36:.

Oh well, gona post this so I can get back and see if there are any new posts to reply to. I'm sure you'll see me again in this post if someone will just reply......:smiley20:

Don't be mean, post here, feed my addiction. LOL

WV Diver
10-18-2007, 20:54
:smiley31:I don't know about feeding your addiction but I'll gladly post while I wait impatiently for a new thread to post on. :smiley29:

RoadRacer1978
10-18-2007, 20:56
LOL, I knew I wasn't the only one just sitting around waiting for another thread that needed a reply.

DevilDiver
10-18-2007, 21:02
OK... I have posted here. Got to move on to check the New Post. :smiley20:

RoadRacer1978
10-18-2007, 21:14
Yes, another bite! I really need to get some sleep. Wish I could just walk away from the computer. Everytime I try a force draws me back to it.

freediver
10-18-2007, 21:24
Well I, for one, refuse to feed your ridiculous addiction! Therefore I will refrain from posting...and dude, go see a counselor or something! :smiley36:
Ohh and don't reply or I may do something drastic...like post again!

RoadRacer1978
10-18-2007, 21:29
LOL. This will be my last post. At least for 12 hours. I hope I can make it that long. I just got called out to go to work. Oh man I really should have gotten some sleep. Lots of energy drinks gona get consumed tonight.

A counselor could really make a lot of money from all us addicts. :) But why waste money on a counselor when there is more dive gear that needs a new home.

sudnit5
10-18-2007, 21:53
I am in the same boat as everyone else, just sitting around waiting...

BuzzGA
10-18-2007, 22:22
Stop me before I post again

chace_nicole
10-18-2007, 22:47
No lie, whenever I saw "I really hate this forum" I thought, they have to be on crack or something because this is the best forum I have been a member of.

emcbride81
10-18-2007, 23:17
Ok well, I did it...I posted here as well...I tried not to be like everyone else, but the peer pressure made me do it. So there...I hope you are happy...

CaribbeanDiver
10-18-2007, 23:31
No lie, whenever I saw "I really hate this forum" I thought, they have to be on crack or something because this is the best forum I have been a member of.
I figured a diver wouldnt be on crack, he was probably on nitrox or even worse, trimix or even worse still, heliox. that stuff rots your brain.

danielh03
10-19-2007, 01:37

I have lost countless hours of sleep. I can't help myself. I have a compulsion to be here, read every post. Then post replies. Hit the new thread button, uh oh, someone else posted, must reply. I really thought this would at least slow down after reaching the 250 mark, but to no avail. I am hopelessly doomed forever. As I sit here with no new posts to respond to I had to come up with my own thread just to post something. I'd make a plea for help, but I really don't want help :smiley36:.

Oh well, gona post this so I can get back and see if there are any new posts to reply to. I'm sure you'll see me again in this post if someone will just reply......:smiley20:

LOL facing the same problem. I have been up for over 21 hours now, and before I can go to bed I HAVE to get on here and read, post, and attempt to be coherent.

TxScubaBear
10-19-2007, 07:16
ScubaCrack- the newest addiction.....and we're all victims!!! (willing of course...)

Lone Frogman
10-19-2007, 07:16
You guys need to get in some diving, Your not going to miss anything. When you get back you will have more to post.

diversteve
10-19-2007, 12:01
You think you've got it bad...:smilie39:

I'm a Dive Squad (unpaid staff) member on Scubaboard (http://www.scubaboard.com) and moderate a forum there, participate on WetPixel (http://www.wetpixel.com) and the DiveMatrix (http://www.divematrix.com) and occasionally Zendiving (http://www.zendiving.com)...

Surprisingly Scuba (http://www.scubaaddict.com/scuba-forums/)Addict (http://www.scubaaddict.com/scuba-forums/) is usually dead...

Somehow I manage to squeeze in 3-4 divetrips a year.
Not bad considering I live in the "all beach no ocean" state.

Pandora
10-19-2007, 12:13
i never thought i would be an addict - I used to give my man crap about sitting at the pc 'chatting'........Now I use the laptop and he gets the PC and I have hours of tevo to catch up on......

DZorn00
10-19-2007, 12:40
Well I, for one, refuse to feed your ridiculous addiction! Therefore I will refrain from posting...and dude, go see a counselor or something! :smiley36:
Ohh and don't reply or I may do something drastic...like post again!

I have heard Joe and Larry make great counslers for this type of addiction. They supply all the Drugs(toys) you will need to overcome your addiction. I too find myself sneaking a peak at work(Where i am now) and while the wife is cooking or doing something where she can not see me.

RoadRacer1978
10-19-2007, 13:22
Just got home from work. Been on a train for 12 hours then a 1 hour drive home. I've been up for 29 1/2 hours. It is time to give it up and got to bed, but felt the need to post first :)

divingmedic
10-19-2007, 13:56
I used to be on here constantly at work, then things slowed down on here, nothing to peak my interest post wise. I really need to find a way to shamefully pad my posts.

RoadRacer1978
10-19-2007, 15:14
I used to be on here constantly at work, then things slowed down on here, nothing to peak my interest post wise. I really need to find a way to shamefully pad my posts.

Glad to be of service :)

ChefDvr
10-19-2007, 16:07
i never thought i would be an addict - I used to give my man crap about sitting at the pc 'chatting'........Now I use the laptop and he gets the PC and I have hours of tevo to catch up on......

You're only an addict if you admit you have a problem!:smiley5:

TX SCUBA FAMILY
10-19-2007, 17:17
Hi from Krum. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I 've got it so bad that I can't wait to get caught until I am home. How sad is it that? I have the forum on my favorites bar of my PDA's mobile internet. You never know when you have a few momments to spare.
:)

greyzen
10-19-2007, 19:11
Yeah, Scubatoys is like the worst possible formula for divers...
Immediate supply of a group of people who want to talk about scuba all the time.

And it's available 24/7...

:(

dludwig
10-19-2007, 19:30
I feel your pain :smiley16:

chace_nicole
10-19-2007, 19:52
hey at least we all know that we have a problem, so glad you guys are here to help out with that:smilie39:

cshel
10-19-2007, 20:59
I saw Boris reading this so I had to. We both go straight to our computers and hit "New Posts"... can't get enough....

We are diving in the morning... need sleep...

Stingray Brett
10-19-2007, 21:31
I say we close the board for a day and see what everyone does? NOT!

divingmedic
10-20-2007, 01:53
I haven't posted in a few days, I can do days without this. Now my playing poker on line is another story. But it really has helped my play. I won a tourney last weekend, 135 bucks :D

RoadRacer1978
10-20-2007, 08:31
I haven't posted in a few days, I can do days without this. Now my playing poker on line is another story. But it really has helped my play. I won a tourney last weekend, 135 bucks :D

Wow, days. I would hate having to try to go days without visiting here, reading the posts and replying to a few. Just got up this morning and first thing I di was come to the computer and go to the forums here.

PsychDiver
11-07-2007, 14:43
Hey Roadracer, I am a counselor and you do make me a lot of money. Unfortunately, My obsession is hanging out at dive shops and they get all the money the obsessive posting clients pay me.

RoadRacer1978
11-07-2007, 14:47
No, but I have insurance. :)

kenmendes
11-07-2007, 14:49
I know what you are saying. Its like a drug. I think i am addicted. Someone post a new thread

UCFKnightDiver
11-07-2007, 14:56
hmm sense u asked me to post I cant just say no lol, I have that problem too, I just missed class by accident because I was absorbed in posting lol, thankfully it was a stupid pointless class that I have no problem missing

PsychDiver
11-07-2007, 15:02
I take cash! But so does the dive shop!!!

RoadRacer1978
11-07-2007, 15:04
Lol. Missing class and shirking responsibilities. We have our claws in you deep...... :spin: Can't get away even if you wanted to... Muhahahahah

TRACI
11-07-2007, 16:16
Ok, this will be my last post of the day

Anne Eastwell
11-07-2007, 16:38
One day soon I'm expecting to come in to work and find I've been blocked from the site given the amount of time I spend reading and posting.... closely followed by a warning about using work resources on non-work related internet access!!! I should know better, I'm the HR Manager.... but I've just gotta do it!!!:smiley19: If you stop posting, then I can stop reading and I'll be cured....

Anne Eastwell
11-07-2007, 18:43
Oh god!!!! I'm back again.... somebody shoot me :smiley5:

BuzzGA
11-07-2007, 18:52
Is it a bad sign that I was in Hawaii diving for the last few days and actually wondered what I was missing here?

Anne Eastwell
11-07-2007, 19:19
Is it a bad sign that I was in Hawaii diving for the last few days and actually wondered what I was missing here?

.....Yes!

scubarealtor
11-08-2007, 09:00
HaHa,

I'm bouncing between here and msscuba.com. You think its slow here? We really need more activity on msscuba. Oh well, things were going pretty good until frank told everyone how cool this board was. We lost our traffic.

Whenever you are waiting to a new thread here. Come see us and chat a bit. http://www.msscuba.com

TRACI
11-08-2007, 09:27
This forum is a good way to burn a few hours at work each day, it is good to be boss!

Silverlode
11-08-2007, 09:32
Glad to have found this thread and now I realise I don't need therapy. I am NORMAL within ST Forum!
Wonder how it got missed, cos I've been reading all the new postings the past week or so and have only just sighted this.
I did wonder how I managed to get myself so lost in the forum and could not find the Exit Sign.

thor
11-08-2007, 11:21
Welcome Scuba Addicts. We have weekly meetings in the Chat room on Thursday nights. We have lots of coffee and doughnuts.

dallasdivergirl
11-08-2007, 11:27
Welcome Scuba Addicts. We have weekly meetings in the Chat room on Thursday nights. We have lots of coffee and doughnuts.

This is the first I have heard of doughnuts!

You have been holding out on me :smiley19:

And yes, while in Bonaire, I did check the forums...

thor
11-08-2007, 11:40

This is the first I have heard of doughnuts!

You have been holding out on me :smiley19:

And yes, while in Bonaire, I did check the forums...

Well, if you would show up to some of the meetings on time, maybe you would get some doughnuts. Have you spoken to your sponsor lately?

RoadRacer1978
11-08-2007, 11:51
I wouldn't say you DON'T need therapy. It is more of a case that we all need therapy. :)

PsychDiver
11-08-2007, 12:02
Abnormal is a relative term! If we can get most of the people to post multiple times during the day then the abnormal becomes the norm and we can feel good about ourselves in our addictions. We no longer need groups for posting. Now the groups focus on, "Why are you not posting!"

Silverlode
11-15-2007, 23:46
What sort of donuts? hmm.. I hope you have soy milk; I only take soy milk in my decaffeinated coffee. ;)

Silverlode
11-15-2007, 23:47
Abnormal is a relative term! If we can get most of the people to post multiple times during the day then the abnormal becomes the norm and we can feel good about ourselves in our addictions. We no longer need groups for posting. Now the groups focus on, "Why are you not posting!"

Hear, hear. :smilie39:

Silverlode
11-23-2007, 05:41
This is soooo sad! I'd reach a point whereby there's absolutely no new posts to entertain me! Where is everyone?! (ok, ok, I know, sleeping in the wee hours of the morning in the US of A.)

Edit: Where are all the Aussies and Asians?

ScubaToys Larry
11-23-2007, 06:07
Ok, we're starting to get up now... but everyone in the US will be running out for the Day after Thanksgiving Sales... this is a yearly tradition here where herds of little ole' ladies trample others in search of an extra 5% off something that you didn't want to buy in the first place.

So until the mad rush is over... hard to say if you will see a lot of posts!

Zenagirl
11-23-2007, 07:12
I'm not even leaving the house today because of the crazies that'll be all over the place on Black Friday.

RoadRacer1978
11-23-2007, 07:28
Me either. Tried it one year and I can't compete with a little old lady with a shopping cart. She is meaner that I ever thought about being.

dludwig
11-23-2007, 08:19
I'll have to take the oldest daughter to swim team practice tonight. I hope that Black Friday sale goers are home by that time. I prefer to do my shopping online. Less traffic. What kind of specials does SCUBA TOYS have today?:smiley36:

Puffer Fish
11-23-2007, 08:23
I'm not even leaving the house today because of the crazies that'll be all over the place on Black Friday.
Same here, but have lots of work to do around the house.

Silverlode
11-23-2007, 16:21
Ok, we're starting to get up now... but everyone in the US will be running out for the Day after Thanksgiving Sales... this is a yearly tradition here where herds of little ole' ladies trample others in search of an extra 5% off something that you didn't want to buy in the first place.

So until the mad rush is over... hard to say if you will see a lot of posts!

That sounds like our Boxing Day sale, which we avoid like mad. Even now, finding a carpark space in the shopping centre is like close in imposible.

When are you guys opening a store in Australia? teehee.. there's are plenty of us here now; plus I'm sure the NZer (or Kiwis) will be happier to fly here than all the way to Dallas TX!

One of my kid want to go to NY for the lollie shop, my hubby want to go to Disney World, another has not stated her preference yet, but I presume it's NY, and I want to go to TX for ST. :smilie39: I don't think we'll see much in US if we do go there. All stuck in the specialities stores.

edit: forgot it's Thanksgiving there. Haven't celebrated it for a while - used to when I was in college and there's a lot of American expats lecturers. It's federal election day here today, we might have a change of goverment when we wake up tomorrow.

PsychDiver
11-27-2007, 11:20
At 8:30am on Black Friday, I was doing a deep dive with two students. I found no Specials - had no lines, no crowds, no old ladies (students were 20 and 21 year old females) and no shopping carts. But it was a miserable dive. 3ft vis, air temp 48 deg, water temp 65 deg. But still better than fighting the crowds.

cheebaweebie
11-27-2007, 13:18
I'm here with you all. I split my posting time between Spearfishing Planet - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.spearfishingplanet.com) and this forum. I am also a forum junkee. The wife and fellow dive buddies think I'm nuts. I will admit, there is useful shi* you can learn on these boards

DiverBob
11-29-2007, 22:42
Hello... my name is Diver Bob and I am a Scuba Toys forum junkie!! :icon_smile_tongue:

Puffer Fish
11-30-2007, 06:46
Hello... my name is Diver Bob and I am a Scuba Toys forum junkie!! :icon_smile_tongue:
Hi Bob... you need more posts to be a real junkie...a lot more..(250 is a nice target).

DiverBob
11-30-2007, 07:45
Hi Bob... you need more posts to be a real junkie...a lot more..(250 is a nice target).

I lurk alot!! :smiley36:

RoadRacer1978
11-30-2007, 11:31
So your just trying to bum the stuff off the real junkies. :)

Navy OnStar
11-30-2007, 13:40
My wife thinks I'm a ST forum junkie. I'm not! There is just so much good info here. It has nothing to do with the 250 post gift certificate either. She just won't listen. You guys know what I mean, Don't you?

Oh...Who am I kidding....I'm addicted.....there I said it....At work...At home.....I'm on here all the time......My kids are crying because I won't let them use the computer.......my Christmas list is the ST website.....Help me....oh gotta go..........I hear new posts calling me......!

cgvmer
11-30-2007, 13:57
Some adictions can be dangerous....so remember for all you ST forum junkies..you must stretch your fingers and wrists so you don't injure yourself.

PsychDiver
12-01-2007, 06:25
Remember to breath slowly and repeat "I'm OK, Your OK"

easyrider003
12-01-2007, 09:48
I am at work, well i guess if I were really working I wouldnt be posting on this site, although I did just return from helping lift a 700+ lb man from nursing home bed to stretcher so we could take him to the hospital. But I will just say that I am at my place of employment with the fire department. I have probably posted/replied ten things in less than an hour. So I guess I am also an addict. Anywho, just thought I would reply. Your thread title really got my attention, of course I guess that is why you titled it the way you did

RoadRacer1978
12-01-2007, 10:07
Yep, it was meant as an attention getter and it really has. :) Up to seven pages of us ScubaToy addicts posting out of necessity rather than because we have something valuable to add to the world of Scuba. :)

scubajane
12-01-2007, 14:49
NO NO NO YOU GOT IT WRONG!!!!!! you sit here ad wonder what's going on under water somewhere ............anywhere...........over the rainbow.......... HELP I'M MELTING!!! MELTING!!:smiley_cryingHyster

cole
12-02-2007, 06:24
Jane
that mouthpiece looks good on you. what is the manufacture and size?

Diver Kat
12-02-2007, 11:45

Okay ... you got me! I just signed up, and the first thing I see is a thread about hating the forum!! And I'm thinking - what can be so bad??? Good attention getter ..... now I need to go find out what else is going on around here!

divedeeper
12-02-2007, 13:00
When I signed up for my wife and i's scuba class, the first thing i said to her is, "I can't wait to get home and tell all my Scuba Toys friends on the forum the good news! I'll bet they'll be thrilled! I'll bet roadracer is the first to comment and offer a kind or encouraging word!" Here I am logging back in to see if I was right and the most offensive thought caught my eye. Who could ever hate this forum. I immediately (and quite defensively, I've only been a member for a short time, mind you) clicked on the thread and discovered what was going on. You got my attention and I am slowly becoming more addicted every time! It's great to have a dive fam!!

You all rock!
Dive Deeper:smiley20:

RoadRacer1978
12-02-2007, 15:40
Dive deeper, sorry to throw you off guard so much. As you notices it was just an atention getter. Noting could be farther from the truth. :) I have found such a great home here at these forums and fell like the people here are family. Thanks for looking and not being too mad once you saw that the thread was just a way to get people to respond and admit to their addiction. :)

divedeeper
12-03-2007, 14:28
Haha, like i said, i love this place! I wasn't really shook up, I put it in for dramatic effect. I was a tad defensive, though until I saw what you wrote then I laughed my head off reading everyone elses addictions also. As I slip deeper into this wonderful existence as a ST Forum member, I am comforted to see that others have traveled this path before me and I am in good company. I thought it was hilarious and I hope you get the prize for the month! Thanks for welcoming all us newbies! You really do make a difference, road racer. Keep it up!:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

Dive Deeper!

scubajane
12-03-2007, 20:37
abnormal is nothing to fear. after all Mark Spitz is abnormal and look at him!!!! yes...LOOK at him ;)

scubajane
12-03-2007, 20:48
Jane
that mouthpiece looks good on you. what is the manufacture and size?
Its a scuba pro 390 I love it. it is really easy to breathe. I am planning to get a sea cure mouthpiece though. it should help prevent some jaw fatigue.

OK OK I'm getting off!!!! but cole spoke to me and I can't be rude. I really did not mean to post 2 times in a row... I got excited when I got the the bottom of page 1 and just posted then I read page 2 and so there was this cute little box at the bottom and I needed to put some words in the box and.... maybe I should just shut up but I am so close to 250 posts.......
help I'm posting and I can't shut up

RoadRacer1978
12-03-2007, 20:57
so there was this cute little box at the bottom and I needed to put some words in the box and

Thats the first time I've heard the "Cute Little Box" excuse. :smilie39:

Mighty Borris
12-03-2007, 21:56
Joined today and all ready come back for more and more...

Looks like I need to call posters anonymous.....

Hope my wife doesn't find this site.... :smiley36:

RoadRacer1978
12-03-2007, 22:19
It's amazing how fast they get the hooks set in you. Trust me when I say it only gets worse. I hardly have time to do anything else on the web. I sit in front of the puter and stay on ScubaToys forums. The most searching I do anymore is to find info for quetions asked by posters here at the forums. My life is sad, but I am happy. :)

PsychDiver
12-04-2007, 08:31
Yes, I spent another three hours this morning reading and posting. It is getting worse. Pretty soon I will have to get my picture up so you can see how miserably addicted I am.

scubajane
12-04-2007, 18:36
oh yes...another cute little box. must write words. I post until my arm goes to sleep. am I building muscles that will help with diving or carrying my gear????

RoadRacer1978
12-06-2007, 15:26
Ok folks, I am really past the point of any hope of rehabilitation now. While at work last night, no access to the internet, I got out my cell phone and brought the internet up on it. I was able to read all the new posts, but could post any of my own replies. I spent about 30 minutes typing out a reply on my phone (anyone who sends text messages knows the challenge of typing out a lengthy message). Once I hit the post quick reply button I was done. Error and could not post. Arrrrgh. Well, I can still get my fix by reading, just can't satisfy my compulsion to post while at work. So now while sitting on the train I have something to keep me busy and I don't have to wait until I get home or to Wichita to check whats going on anymore. It is so great, I won't miss anything no matter the time of day. I can just grab my phone and pull the forums up and read all the new posts. :)

tarheeldiver
12-06-2007, 20:14
Ok folks, I am really past the point of any hope of rehabilitation now. While at work last night, no access to the internet, I got out my cell phone and brought the internet up on it. I was able to read all the new posts, but could post any of my own replies. I spent about 30 minutes typing out a reply on my phone (anyone who sends text messages knows the challenge of typing out a lengthy message). Once I hit the post quick reply button I was done. Error and could not post. Arrrrgh. Well, I can still get my fix by reading, just can't satisfy my compulsion to post while at work. So now while sitting on the train I have something to keep me busy and I don't have to wait until I get home or to Wichita to check whats going on anymore. It is so great, I won't miss anything no matter the time of day. I can just grab my phone and pull the forums up and read all the new posts. :)

I know the feeling I grab my laptop first thing in the morning to check the new posts

RoadRacer1978
12-06-2007, 20:42
It is the first thing I do when I get up. The last thing I do before I go to bed and what I do every waking hour between those two. :) Now that I can access the forums on my phone guess I'll be here 25 hours a day now. :smiley36:

scubajane
12-09-2007, 15:57
I do wonder if forum addiction can be cured by actual diving. If so will the springtime bring a reduction in posting? I watched roadracer1978 run up to 250 posts and now he is running headlong to 1000. way to go roadracer1978 . I was looking for an appropriate place to make my 250 post and this seems like a good place. I think I'll ice down my shoulders now. I hope carpal tunnel syndrome does not prevent me from diving.:smiley2:

RoadRacer1978
12-09-2007, 16:40
Yes, it really didn't take too long at all to hit 250 posts. When I first signed up I thought it would take forever, but once the bug bites you, posts just seem to write themselves. I guess it doesn't hurt that I usually spend several hours here a day either. :)

Goober
12-09-2007, 16:58
Sir, put your hands on top of your head and step away from the mouse!Sir, just Step away from the mouse and noone will get hurt!:smilie40:

Navy OnStar
12-09-2007, 17:04
Yes, it really didn't take too long at all to hit 250 posts. When I first signed up I thought it would take forever, but once the bug bites you, posts just seem to write themselves. I guess it doesn't hurt that I usually spend several hours here a day either. :)
This is the first thing I bring up at work every day and it stays up in the background while I work.
My wife and I used to read before bed. Now she reads and I drag the laptop over and read posts!

OnStar

RoadRacer1978
12-09-2007, 17:52
This is the first thing I do in the morning. Gotta see what I missed while I was sleeping. Then I continue to check it throughout the day and if I am away from my computer I check the new posts on my phone. Then once I get back to a computer I check the posts again and add some replys. Then just before I go to bed, back on here to make sure I don't miss as much while I sleep. And yes, while my wife is reading at night I am on here looking at posts on my laptop.

adv_diver1
12-09-2007, 18:48
Yes.. i agree. I am new and can't stay off this darn thing... I have alot of catching up to do though!!!

RoadRacer1978
12-09-2007, 20:12
Well, this is it. When I hit the send button I'll be shedding my Grouper skin. I can't believe that I have already hit 1000 posts. Making post #1000 right here where I first admitted my addiction. With post #1000 in in just over 2 months I think I have proven that addiction now without a doubt.

fisheater
12-09-2007, 20:31
Getting static from the wife about the amount of time I'm on this board (and otherwise day dreaming diving).

Horrible site! Bad. Bad.

Goober
12-13-2007, 18:31
And we all know....(or some of us:smiley9:)...admitting the addiction is half the battle:smiley32:

scubajane
12-19-2007, 17:21
does our addictive behavior relate to our compulsive behavior that allows us to survive under water??

aggie99
01-03-2008, 22:01
I don't know how anyone gets to a 1000 posts, I feel like I am posting all the time and I am only in the 70's! 1000 in two months....that's 16 posts per day!

RnSdiver
01-04-2008, 01:46
wow Some of you folks have to bad when it comes to posting. I guess I'll get as bad someday. :)

RoadRacer1978
01-04-2008, 09:36
Well, I spend almost every waking hours here on this site. Thats how I got so many posts in such a short time. Give up the life you have now and join me. You'll be there in no time at all. :) Really, I do spend just abut every waking moment here, unless I'm at work, then I can only read the new posts, but can't post a reply from my cell phone. :(

Navy OnStar
01-05-2008, 09:33
What comes after barracuda? You have to have goals!

Chocoholic
01-05-2008, 13:25
hopelessly addicted to this site. I'm always planning a new trip, even if it's half a year away.

bmp51
01-05-2008, 18:49
Go Diving!

whse56
01-05-2008, 21:25
There is no doubt Roadracer1978 you are one sick puppy:smiley36:.

RoadRacer1978
01-05-2008, 21:36

:smilie39: Thank You!!!

scubajane
01-05-2008, 22:43

:smilie39: Thank You!!!
Roadracer you need to update your profile to read
"dive post dive post dive post,,,oh yeah work"

does your family ever see anything besides the back of your head???:)

RoadRacer1978
01-06-2008, 10:20
Not really. :) Actually I spend alot of time away from home sitting in a hotel room waiting for the phone to ring to go back to work and return home. So I spend alot of time on the computer when I am there. I carry my laptop with me and the hotel has free wi-fi. It gives me a way to pass the time as I am there usually 10 - 30 hours at a time. When I get home I usually check the forums and unwind before I go to bed and get some sleep. Then 10 - 20 hours later the phone rings and I do it all over again. I try to spend a lot less time on here when I am home, but if I'm up and the family is all asleep, then it is ST forums all the way.

kancho
01-07-2008, 10:08
How long did it take to post that many times. I am aiming for 250, want get that cert..

RoadRacer1978
01-07-2008, 10:49
Take a look at my join date. It is in my profile to the left ust under my name.

<----------------------------------- 10/04/2007

Lloyd De Jongh
01-09-2008, 23:56
I may as well chime in, I gotta work to the 250 post count too ;)

So what happens when you hit 250 posts anyway? I ge tthe feeling it's like an early Christmas when that occurs.

For what it's worth I spent something like 6 hours a day over the holidays just reading this forum till my eyes went square. But you can bet I'm a much sharper diver for it.

Lloyd De Jongh
01-10-2008, 15:04
Right, I read up on the ST site... I have a voucher to work towards!

My BCD will be ready at FedEx by Saturday, so soon I can go diving with full kit and I can get to talking more diving with the forum members. Have a good weekend of safe diving all

azdiver
01-10-2008, 19:40
Glad to know I'm not the only person with this post, check email to see if there's a reply and post again syndrome!! I can only hope that none of my family and friends will try to do an interention or send me to rehab to cure this addiction!

fisheater
01-10-2008, 21:45
Glad to know I'm not the only person with this post, check email to see if there's a reply and post again syndrome!! I can only hope that none of my family and friends will try to do an interention or send me to rehab to cure this addiction!

You can always get a new family, but there's only one ScubaToys! :smiley2:

brianhmd
01-11-2008, 13:35
I feel like some kind of addict to this board. I can't see it at work due to blocking and its the first thing I check when I get home. Do we need to start a ST forum anonymous?

azdiver
01-11-2008, 17:19
I feel like some kind of addict to this board. I can't see it at work due to blocking and its the first thing I check when I get home. Do we need to start a ST forum anonymous?

Same thing here.... when I try to access it at work I get that lovely sign stating prohibited website and all sites you visit are tracked. I have to rush home after work to check out responses to my post.... kind of like what I'm doing now. :-)

thecheeseman
02-03-2008, 11:13
Is that a bad thing? haha

this forum is great-the pay to post idea works for noobs like me, then people really get to like the forum and get addicted. i'm getting there!

how long has this forum been around?

Super-Duper Scubasteve
02-03-2008, 15:09
Is that a bad thing? haha

this forum is great-the pay to post idea works for noobs like me, then people really get to like the forum and get addicted. i'm getting there!

Yeah how long has this forum been around?
I only joined like a week ago and the forum has me thouroughly addicted. Every post is one post closer to that sweet, sweet gift card.

RoyN
02-07-2008, 01:19
Looks like I have made my home here instead of Scubaboard.com :D

The only thing is I wish Denisegg would come in here and then that would be more fun. :D

ScubaToys Larry
02-07-2008, 18:37

Started up in July of last year.... so just about 7 months now...

fisheater
02-07-2008, 20:40

Started up in July of last year.... so just about 7 months now...

WOW.

That's a LOT of postings in a short time.

johnyringo
02-07-2008, 21:48
Now that IS a problem!!!

lisacay
02-08-2008, 14:28
ok, add me to the group of addicts....but it is nice to have a place to talk with divers. my family and friends listen for a couple of minutes then politely change the subject...they just don't get it.

Dive4Fun
02-08-2008, 16:18
ok, add me to the group of addicts....but it is nice to have a place to talk with divers. my family and friends listen for a couple of minutes then politely change the subject...they just don't get it.

I know the feeling. That's how I ended up here. I finally got my gf in an OW class but it's still nice to be able to talk and read others experiences on here.

pyre24
02-09-2008, 03:26
i know what you mean. i am new and there are alot of great posts here. I know I havent come close to reading all of them, and most likely never will. So much to read.