PDA

View Full Version : Aeris XR-2 Bungee Mount

medic001918
10-18-2007, 21:02
So my wife has been after a bungee mount for her XR-2 computer. She found the ones at Think Pink Scuba (she loves pink stuff). It says it fits standard bottom timers, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the dimensions of a standard puck timer were? I'm thinking if it's the same size, I may be able to put a hole in the bottom timer mount to allow access to the side button. If anyone has any info on if this might work, I'd appreciate it. Or if anyone has found a bungee mount for the XR-2, that would be great too.

Thanks,
Shane

WV Diver
10-18-2007, 21:10
I need a bungee mount for my XR2 also. Good thread. Mine is in a boot with an adjustable strap now but the bungee is much better when drysuit season comes around.

medic001918
10-18-2007, 21:20
That's exactly why she wants it. It's difficult to put on with he drysuit. I haven't found anything readily made, but I don't mind making some modifications as long as I know that the computer will be secure in the boot. For the $15 or so, I might just order one and see what happens with it.

Shane

WV Diver
10-18-2007, 21:30
That's exactly why she wants it. It's difficult to put on with he drysuit. I haven't found anything readily made, but I don't mind making some modifications as long as I know that the computer will be secure in the boot. For the $15 or so, I might just order one and see what happens with it.

Shane

Please keep me posted on how it goes. I would love to have one for mine.

Duh, maybe we should just call Scuba Toys and ask ........ :smilie39:

WV Diver
10-25-2007, 10:52
So medic................what's the word on this?

RonFrank
10-25-2007, 12:06
You should be able to pop the puter out of the console, or the wrist strap, and MAYBE tell if it would fit a standard console. My guess... no.

Better yet, why not just Call DSS (I believe they are the ones supplying ThinkPink, that or TechDivingLimited), and just ask them. It's funny that we become so dependent on the internet, and online shopping that we forget that one of the easiest and best ways to deal with people is in person, or over the phone! :smiley31:

medic001918
10-25-2007, 13:43
I'm sorry guys. I haven't had a chance to totally pursue it yet. I've been busy with work. I'll post an update as soon as I get the chance.

Shane

CompuDude
10-25-2007, 13:43
Yes, just call Tobin, he designed the things so if anyone knows he would. Altho hard to tell for sure without an XR-2 in hand.

WV Diver
10-25-2007, 14:27
I'm sorry guys. I haven't had a chance to totally pursue it yet. I've been busy with work. I'll post an update as soon as I get the chance.

ShaneI hope you are a professional diver, otherwise you are working way too hard. :smiley2::smilie39: Don't forget to smell the roses.

I get caught up in this thing we call work once in a while. Has to be I guess, but every now and then you have to remind yourself what's really important. :smiley36:

Zephrant
09-14-2008, 16:24
Any luck on this? I can just barely get my XR2 on over my drysuit et all, but it is a pain.

I dropped an email to DSS, I'll post again when I hear back from them.

Zephrant
09-16-2008, 01:22
From DSS:
Sorry, we don't have any mounts for that instrument.

Thank you for your interest in our products,

DSS

Zephrant
06-12-2009, 23:04
So nine months later I'm looking for this again, and what comes up as the first search string? This thread...... :)

I've got a boot for a compass that might fit but with the side button, side USB port and top button it's not much of a fit.

pinoiryder
03-29-2010, 02:27
i know this thread is old.. but anyone found bungee mount for XR2?

Zephrant
04-02-2010, 19:24
They will sell you a replacement strap which could be cut down and drilled to make a bungee mount.

So far, I haven't bothered, but that is on my list of things to do.

IrishSquid
04-03-2010, 15:27
Any luck on this? I can just barely get my XR2 on over my drysuit et all, but it is a pain.

I dropped an email to DSS, I'll post again when I hear back from them.

Have you trimmed the strap on the Aeris wrist boot? I don't have any problem with mine, but I didn't trim the strap. I dive a Fusion Bullet.