PDA

View Full Version : Men can be useful

Ramgib
10-18-2007, 21:15
Mine proved that the other night. We we relaxing and watching a movie, when out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving down the hall toward the den we were in.

I looked harder and yelled " Oh sh*t! There's a snake!" He gets up, sees it and told me to get the dog outside and bring a shovel. My useful man chopped it in half. Turned out it was a small copperhead about 18-20inches long. The things head end and tail ends, were each still moving around an hour later.

My useful man, without being asked, searched throughly the whole house for any others. The next day he used Great Stuff to seal off holes and openings.

He didn't even tease me about climbing up the back of the chair, or walking 10 feet from it even after it was dead. He even was useful in cleaning up the blood and fixing the gash in the baseboard from the shovel.

He has been useful in the past when my cat brought in a live rat, not mouse, rat.

DevilDiver
10-18-2007, 21:21
What a snake charmer!! Way to go.. Score one more for the guys team..... :ylsuper:

dallasdivergirl
10-18-2007, 21:30
good guy to have around.

I would have levitated if I had seen that snake inside.

BuzzGA
10-18-2007, 22:37
And here I thought our only job was to reach the stuff on the top shelves

Ramgib
10-18-2007, 22:56
And here I thought our only job was to reach the stuff on the top shelves

Not in our case. I'm taller:smiley36:

emcbride81
10-18-2007, 23:20
Hey, I open jars, kill spiders, catch crickets, get stuff off shelves, crack backs, and cook...so we have many uses (innuendo set aside here)

Chocoholic
10-19-2007, 00:02
Holy cow, I would freak out. I am so glad there are no snakes in Alaska!

Ramgib
10-19-2007, 00:12
Hey, I open jars, kill spiders, catch crickets, get stuff off shelves, crack backs, and cook...so we have many uses (innuendo set aside here)

You do sound useful. But will you clean up cat or dog vomit first thing in the morning? Haven't met a guy yet who would:smiley11:

cyclone
10-19-2007, 05:41
What a snake charmer!! Way to go.. Score one more for the guys team..... :ylsuper: Bwa hahaha:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: Hey guys, are we suppose to score on our men's board.

Foo2
10-19-2007, 09:14
OMG! I would absolutely die! I'm pretty sure that I would have to pack up and move. I can handle all the bugs and spiders you throw at me....the snakes........ewwwww......they creep me out soooo bad. They make me wish that I was in Alaska too!

loudgonzo
10-19-2007, 10:37
Sounds like someone is about to get rewarded:smiley36:

emcbride81
10-24-2007, 23:31

You do sound useful. But will you clean up cat or dog vomit first thing in the morning? Haven't met a guy yet who would:smiley11:

Today is your lucky day then...been doing that since I was a kid! Along with other animal deposits! :smiley13:

Ramgib
10-25-2007, 03:10
I'm really getting nervous now. Two more snakes (dead tho) near the outside spickett. Looking for water I guess with this drought. I make sure my useful man checks the pool skimmer.

Anne Eastwell
10-31-2007, 23:12
My useful man gets to open jars when I can't, open wine when I can't, fix everything(!), drill holes, poo patrol (very big dog, very big do-dos!), wash cars, mow lawns when I complain too much and if I had a cat that brought in a mouse he'd kill the cat too... doesn't like cats... he cooks too but WILL NOT clean, even under threat of death!! What can I do, gotta live with this little quirky habit.