PDA

View Full Version : Longing to be in Cozumel

Big Mike
10-20-2007, 12:08
For those of you who, like me, are always longing to be in Cozumel, I found a web cam at the Scuba Club Cozumel. It refreshes every 10 seconds. I can at least see the water there now.

Here's the link:

Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort - Cozumel, Mexico (http://scubaclubcozumel.com/webcam.html)

chace_nicole
10-20-2007, 15:47
thanks for the link, can't wait to go in Dec...seems its all I talk about lately! Raining pretty good now from what it looks like, hope rain season is over by the time I arrive :)

ucrtwf
10-26-2007, 14:28
My wife and I are heading down to Coz in a couple weeks, the weather reports have had us nervous as well....

charlesml3
10-29-2007, 09:30
Heading to Cozumel this time of the year can be tricky with the weather. The port will close with very little notice if it gets windy. I would recommend contacting an op over on Cancun that can take you on a Cenote dive if you get blown out.

-Charles

torrey
10-29-2007, 12:06
That's pretty cool. Just add a ocean sounds nature CD and you're set.

Big Mike
10-29-2007, 12:07
My wife and I did Coz last December, we only had 1 day where the port was closed. It was a bit rainy, but what the heck, we were there to get wet anyway. There were a couple of dives where the swells were a bit of a problem getting back in the boat, nothing major though.

RonFrank
10-29-2007, 12:22
The Rainy seasons in Coz are from Oct ~ Jan, and April ~ July.

Rain is not an issue, the wind is. They close the port in Coz for sea's that most places would dive in. They like it calm! :smiley2:

Get trip insurance if you like, but realize if you go there to Dive, and do ONE dive, than insurance generally won't help.

I would not worry about it. What I would do is make sure you have a dry bag, and a warm waterproof coat for after the diving. Some OPs provide rain gear. This is especially needed if you are in a six pack. If you are on a larger boat with a good enclosure (think 47' Newton style), than keeping things dry is a LOT easier, and keeping warm and out of the rain is doable.

Last Jan diving with BlueXTSea on their six packs it rained most afternoons/evenings, and we would have froze if Christi had not have provided rain gear. I was hot during the day, but we ended most dive days doing a twilight/night dive (fourth dive of the day), and when it was raining EVERYTHING on board was soaked, and everyone was using the rain gear to stay warm.

I'm sure you will have a Blast in Coz. If you get blown out one day, than as other suggest maybe you can dive a Cenote.

Tableleg
10-29-2007, 13:52
I'm with you chace_nicole, Dec. isn't going to get here fast enough...