PDA

View Full Version : DEMA

57ChevyGreg
10-20-2007, 18:41
Anyone going to DEMA and want to meet for a ScubaToys Forum drink?

NitroWill
10-20-2007, 18:43
Im pretty sure I will be there! It's right around the corner from me!

JugglingMonkeys
10-20-2007, 20:08
how do you get into DEMA if you're not an LDS?

I'd love to go...

ScubaToys Larry
10-20-2007, 20:11
You have to be an instructor, divemaster, or employed in the scuba industry. It's not a consumer show - it's a trade only show.

abcitydiver
10-21-2007, 04:27
Larry......if you're taking requests.... ::grin::::
can you take a long look at the Poseidon rebreather they are introducing...or for that matter...anything new on the rebreather market

Thanks in advance for looking out for those of us on the bench!

woody
10-21-2007, 06:59
Larry......if you're taking requests.... ::grin::::
can you take a long look at the Poseidon rebreather they are introducing...or for that matter...anything new on the rebreather market

Thanks in advance for looking out for those of us on the bench!

I can't imagine that he will be looking at rebreathers, but I will and I'll let you know what comes up.

As far as new goes. Look for the new DiveRite Optima Fx and the new one from Dr. Stone. I'll let you know what else comes up.

ScubaToys Larry
10-21-2007, 08:01
And Hollis is rolling out their new one. It's the one they developed for the military... It will now be available for recreational use. And Woody... I already have an appointment... so don't make fun of me... I know all about dem, dere rebreathy thingies.

woody
10-21-2007, 12:47
Not phunnin on youz. Just diitn't thnkz da was on yur mindz. Sweet! Can I tag along on that one?

abcitydiver
10-22-2007, 01:34
I can see we're all in capable hands!
Thanks fellows...i get a bit tired of promotional material as a means of descerning....8 days.....and counting!

NitroWill
10-30-2007, 17:19
DEMA starts tomorrow! Ill be there there Friday and Saturday! And probably dropping into the NAUI/DAN Bash tomorrow night as well..

pnevai
10-30-2007, 17:45
Simple just do like my wife does, go to an instant business card center like Kinkos, Have a bunch of business cards made up with some ficticious diving business oriented name and your in. Handy trick she learned when she wanted to get into the international toy shows.

NitroWill
10-30-2007, 17:49
Simple just do like my wife does, go to an instant business card center like Kinkos, Have a bunch of business cards made up with some ficticious diving business oriented name and your in. Handy trick she learned when she wanted to get into the international toy shows.

You can't just show them any business card to get in.

You need:
A photo ID, business card, AND a copy of the businesses state business license or TAX ID#

pnevai
10-30-2007, 22:43
Why? It worked for me when it was held in Florida? Went to the registration counter, and I used my Motorola Business card, and was signed right up, no problemo.

A funny story while on this topic. Several years back I was on business in Hong Kong, I had my usual Harbour view double room at the New World Harbour View Hotel (now a marriot hotel Renaissance Harbour View Hotel Hong Kong (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hkghv-renaissance-harbour-view-hotel-hong-kong/) )overlooking Victoria Harbour. I brough the wife out for a couple of months. Anyway during that period The International Toy Show was being held in the convention center next door. As I was working during the day the wife wanted to go in a take a look around. This is also an trade only show, so she went to a place and they printed up a bunch of business cards, using the business name of Flighty Freinds INC. She registered as a buyer for the company. Well I get home from work at around 7:30 pm to a hotel room FILLED wall to wall nearly to the ceiling with toys. The only empty spot in the suite was the bed. Seems like the wife asked the manufacturers fif she could get some samples that she could take to company executives for evaluations.

There was every concivable type of toy in the room. It took 22 large boxed ahipments to ship al the stuff back to the states. And new toys were still arriving back at the house for months afterwards from all the cards she left with the manufacturers. Needless to say the Nieces and Nephews did very well that year.

NitroWill
10-30-2007, 23:11
I dont make the rules - its listed on their website and I spoke with a guy who will be helping run DEMA and they said no exceptions at all. What it states on the website is requirements to get in!

NitroWill
10-31-2007, 17:51
Noone on here is going??

GlockGuy
11-02-2007, 06:25
I'd love to, but I'm in Pascagoula, MS on business and flying back to Norfolk, VA tomorrow.

For these shows, my local dive shop usually responds via email or phone to the DEMA folks with a list of who from the shop will attend and some of us get listed as employees so that we can get in as well. Since I run the dive club there, it behooves her to take care of us. However, other plans this year have made it impossible for me to go.

Isn't the show in March in Atlantic City or somewhere open to the public?

TommyB
11-02-2007, 06:37
Noone on here is going??

I was there--
Will be there again today (friday)
call me if you want to hook up--

407-399-2974 (cell) --

Tommy

comet24
11-02-2007, 07:00
I would have but was in FL last week and couldn't justify another trip down that way just a few days after getting back.

NitroWill
11-02-2007, 10:20
Decided not to go today - got some things to do!
Will be there all day tomorrow though :smiley20:

Noone on here is going??

I was there--
Will be there again today (friday)
call me if you want to hook up--

407-399-2974 (cell) --

Tommy