PDA

View Full Version : heading to Roatan and Utila in May

firecop2
10-20-2007, 20:24
we are taking a group to Roatan and Utila the first and second week of May..staying at Fantasy Island, Roatan...but not sure where in Utila ..ideas???

Tronl
01-09-2008, 23:57
Four of us are going to Roatan May 10-17. Put a deposit on CoCo View which came highly recommended, but saw Fantasy Island promo, and read some good posts on that as well.

rick murry
01-11-2008, 22:18
We stayed at Anthonys Key last year and it was great...well run operation.

Fantasy Island has a great location and beach area...We were there for a surface interval one day and I must say the dive operation looked a bit run down....hope that they have addressed this. We are staying at Deep Blue this year in March. Small and cozy with great reviews. Also Laguna beach for more of the personal touch. Utila Dive Center is recommended as well with various local hotels geared toward the backpack diver....Dive/Party/Dive/Party.........Depends what lights your board.

rick

cutter77
01-12-2008, 00:04
Have heard good things about Utila Dive Center from friends who dive there regularly.

dannybot
01-12-2008, 20:39
We stayed at Anthonys Key last year and it was great...well run operation.

Fantasy Island has a great location and beach area...We were there for a surface interval one day and I must say the dive operation looked a bit run down....hope that they have addressed this. We are staying at Deep Blue this year in March. Small and cozy with great reviews. Also Laguna beach for more of the personal touch. Utila Dive Center is recommended as well with various local hotels geared toward the backpack diver....Dive/Party/Dive/Party.........Depends what lights your board.

rick

Can't judge a book by the cover. Just got back today. True they could benefit from a fresh coat of paint, but if when you're diving, you can;t see the building. Good people, lots of diving. The shore diving is very cool. I took it easy and got in 20 dives in 4 1/2 days.