PDA

View Full Version : Varadero, Cuba

rsirvine
10-20-2007, 20:50
I know there are "restrictions" on Americans (we're Canadian) travelling to Cuba but does anyone on this board know of "someone" who has dove in Cuba? Particularly in the Varadero area. Any comments/suggestions, etc. Thanks for your help!!!
Regards,
Ross

Wet Frog
10-22-2007, 00:03
January Last year. I went to varadero and after 2 couple of windy days during when we couldn't dive in front of Vardero, I took a bus (1 1/2 hour drive I think) to the Bay of pigs. However, it really worth it. Incredible wall dive just off the shore.

Than I dove the 100 feet Russian Destroyer Wreck (intentionnally sunken for diving purpose 10 years ago) lying between 60 to 90 feet. I am still dreaming about those two sites. After those 2 spots, to couple of other dives on reefs in front of Varadeo seemed just OK but still fun.

I don't know your experience or diving skills but Varadero advertize having between 21 and 32 dive sites so you should be able to get good dives. This year I will go to Bayahibe (Dom. Republ.) but I 'll sure go back to cuba soon.

Have a nice trip!

:smiley20:

rsirvine
10-24-2007, 06:42
Hi Wet Frog,
Thanks!!! Bay of Pigs has been recommended by several people. I must do it!