PDA

View Full Version : DS-IV and DS - V

imported_Stingray
07-17-2007, 20:48
Is the only difference the number of HP ports?? I found someone selling a DS-IV at a pretty good price = and don't know if I should pull the trigger on that one.

przeor
07-18-2007, 04:55
lp ports, not hp. What's the price? Make sure it's better than Leisure Pro, as ST will match them, and you get a new reg with warranty.

imported_Stingray
07-18-2007, 07:43
oops... that's what i meant to say.. lp. Yea.. maybe a new one is a better choice... by th time i get my scubatoys discount and my 10 dollar gift certificate - it wont cost much more to get a new one. and maybe i'll just go for the envoy deluxe anyway - seems to get rave reviews.

What is the advantage of the ds regs over the envoy? anything??

ScottZeagle
07-18-2007, 08:16
Basically, the DS-V is a dry sealed reg, the Envoy line of regs are not.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Scott</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

reservecops
07-18-2007, 10:16
Basically, the DS-V is a dry sealed reg, the Envoy line of regs are not.

The Envoy's don't have the heat exchanger, either.

Stingray, click here to see the comparison chart (http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=regcomparis&#111;n&category=Regulators).

przeor
07-18-2007, 18:31
Hey Scott, great products! We love our DS-Vs! Glad to see you made it over to the new boards...

Rascal1933
07-19-2007, 19:30
It's a Zeagle Reg ? Enough said.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>You had better jump on that deal Now! beforethe regs goBye Bye smileys/smiley19.gifto a another lucky diver...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I dive the Zeagle DS-V it is a Awesome reg and easy breathing too!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>P.S. No I am not related to Scott and do not work for Zeagle&gt; I could not get that Lucky!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>Rascal</DIV>

Lucky(AR)
07-19-2007, 21:41
better get em while the gettin is good

Brewer
08-05-2007, 07:16
I just picked up 2 sets of ds-iv's one with a new ss1 and the other with a envoy octo bolth with 3 gauge consols. Anew zena and a used concept II and abunch of bags hangers retractables a fog cutter and a dive rite light for 1000 bucks from a local dive shop that went out of business. Their loss my gain. No I dont feel bad for them the owner was in a pinch cuv of embezeling mony from a non-profit river clean up group

creggur
08-05-2007, 15:36
and maybe i'll just go for the envoy deluxe anyway - seems to get rave reviews.

Yeah like perfect breathing machine scores all the way down the line, and great ergo test scores from Scubadiving... I have an Envoy and absolutely love it. It breathes, breathes, and breathes some more!!! Really nice reg, and a great customer service oriented company behind it... Win win !!:smiley20:

Zenagirl
08-05-2007, 16:35
I've had my Envoy for over 3 years and have NEVER considered "upgrading" to something more expensive. Heck, why pay more for a reg that will breathe just as well as my Envoy?? ;) Frankly, my Envoy breathes as well at 133 feet as it does at 3 feet, and since I dive warm only I don't need an environmentally sealed reg.

Buoyant1
08-19-2007, 19:51
I love my DS-IV!