10-22-2007, 09:22
no tanks yet but soon
so do i go for steel, aluminum or neutrally bouyant aluminum
for a 80 $280 $150 $180 all plus shipping

plus shipping to canada
here a 80 alum is say $250 plus taxes with a good deal

RoadRacer1978
10-22-2007, 09:28
I'd go with what will work best for you and you can afford. If you are diving the cold waters in Canada you are probably diving in a 7mm or drysuit and require a lot of lead. If you went with a steel tank you could shed a few pounds and that is always a plus.

Steel tanks have always been out of my range for the money and diving I do. I am strictly a rec diver and can do what I need with my AL80. And I can buy 2 AL80's for just a little more than one steel tank. For me that is the way to go right now. Things may change and my needs may change. If that happens I'll reevaluate what tank I need.

cheebaweebie
10-22-2007, 12:49
Buy steel. I bought 2 steel HP 120's and they are the best tanks I have ever dove. The are slightly negative buoyant when empty so you don't need extra weight to keep you down (-11 lbs) and you don't automatically float to the surface like with AL (I wear no extra weight at all when diving them). Save your $ and buy the steels. They are approx 380 a piece. I also own 2 AL 80's and HATE wearing the extra weight to compensate especially if I am wearing a 5mm or 7mm suit.
Steel is definately the way to go.

cummings66
10-22-2007, 17:23
If you can afford the steel buy them. Never buy a neutral AL tank, not worth the money.