PDA

View Full Version : Spinning class

datamunk
10-22-2007, 09:49
Okay so, I am tryin to lose some weight. Or rather, I AM losing weight, but, I am trying to do it efficently.

Normally I'll go 5 or 6 times a week to the gym and ride a stationary for 20 minutes and go a lil over 8 miles, so, gettin a pretty good workout. Im not doin much weights, but, i do do SOME.

Well, Ive been wanting to try a spin class at the gym, sooooo, I finally did.

Let me just say that, it was, INTENSE! I lasted all 55 minutes, but I wasnt able to do as much of the stuff they were where you stand up and pedal fast and stuff... I have a dislocated kneecap, plus I weigh 315 so, its pretty tough. But, it was by far the best workout of my life!

I am fairly sure that if I do this 3 times a week, plus a few days of my regular routine, then I will be droppin atleast 10, maybe 15, pounds a week.

If ya havent tried it and want to get a good workout, do it!

thats all. thats how im tryin to stay fit, plus, it will help my air consumption ;P

oh, and if your a guy, lets just say that, theres a LOT of hotties :P

RoadRacer1978
10-22-2007, 09:57
Thanks for the report :smiley2:. Glad you have found something that is working for you. I so need to find a workout and stick with it. I am so un-selfmotivated when it comes to working out. Usually do good for a day or two :smilie39: then forget about it and get busy doing other things. Tried dieting, but to no avail. Those big macs kept calling my name :smiley36:.
Thanks for the info and keep up the good workout.

dallasdivergirl
10-22-2007, 10:07
if you own a bike you can also buy a trainer and work out in your living room watching tv or listening to music. It's a great way to keep the legs in shape.

PepeDiver
10-22-2007, 11:08
if you own a bike you can also buy a trainer and work out in your living room watching tv or listening to music. It's a great way to keep the legs in shape.

when I was younger I did that when I couldn't get the bike on the road for weather reasons. I'd spend hours on that thing...especially if I got on it during NASCAR or an LSU game!! Heck of a workout without really realizing that you're doing anything.

Tableleg
10-22-2007, 11:47
Heck of a workout without really realizing that you're doing anything. That's essentially what I had to do: distract myself from the intense workout I was doing! :smiley36:

45min./day + elliptical + TV shows I was having to catch up on = wonders. :smiley20:

datamunk
10-22-2007, 12:28
hasha well, i do it at school cuz its $$FREE$$ at the rec center if your a student, plus, i dont have tvs to watch but i have awesome loud music and a lot of sexy sweatin ladies ;P

Tableleg
10-22-2007, 13:47
hasha well, i do it at school cuz its $$FREE$$ at the rec center if your a student, plus, i dont have tvs to watch but i have awesome loud music and a lot of sexy sweatin ladies ;P I'm not going to lie, the ladys were what kept me going back. Talk about modivation :smiley36::smiley20::smiley36:

I'm in the same situation: rec center at college because it's free. But we actually have TV's attached to all the stationary equipment so some people just exercise when their shows are on. I'm doing something when my shows are on, so I download off of the internet, and load up on the ipod, and just stick the ipod in front of the tv. That is if there's nothing bouncing around to keep my attention: the 18~23 age range is a wonderful thing. :smiley9:

thor
10-22-2007, 14:05
I took a couple of spinning classes, but it really cut into by ability to do things after class, like walk and pick up heavy objects, like my legs or my children. Great workout

Scuba Nymph
10-22-2007, 14:19
I am fairly sure that if I do this 3 times a week, plus a few days of my regular routine, then I will be droppin atleast 10, maybe 15, pounds a week.

Be careful losing that much at once. It'll just come right back when you stop working out. You should really keep the loss to 2 -3 lbs. per week.

RoadRacer1978
10-22-2007, 14:41
Be careful with losing the huge amouts of weight becaue it can be unhealthy, but they drop those huge numbers on biggest loser (TV Show) and those people keep it off. They also have devoted themselves to a healthy lifestyle of eating and excercise.

Just make sure you are safe!

datamunk
10-22-2007, 17:45
yea, a lot of people have a hard time with their eating habits, but, ive changed mine so, im not concerned about keeping it off. the big thing is if you stop working out all together and you eat like crap it is bound to return

kyfriedchipper
10-23-2007, 01:44
Spin class will probably do more for your air consumption and weight loss goals than anything. As you well know by now, spending 40 minutes scraping for air will definitely kick your arse!

datamunk
10-23-2007, 08:19
UPDATE: I CANT MOVE!

haha good lord... i am so sore from the class. bleh :( i hope im better by this weekend so i can dive

Charlotte Smith
10-23-2007, 08:38
You know...when I am diving alot ...I lose 3-5 lbs per week......I just wish I could keep it up year round....

Tableleg
10-23-2007, 09:21
UPDATE: I CANT MOVE!

haha good lord... i am so sore from the class. bleh :( i hope im better by this weekend so i can dive I'd recommend streaching, and jumping back on the bike and do some light-duty exercise. Releaving the stiffness/soreness will take longer if you just sit around vs. low intensity exercise. Believe me, been there before. :smiley2:

mwhities
10-23-2007, 09:25
Drink a lot of protein. It feeds your muscles and they won't be as sore..

Michael

Tom A
10-23-2007, 19:32
i tried spinning class once legs were not there when i got off thats a work out