PDA

View Full Version : Dive light/knife combo

wdstauter
10-22-2007, 18:16
Is there such a thing as a light/knife combo? I'm new to this and need both that are high quality and smallish price. I don't want to skimp, but would like to get primary/secondary light and knife all together.

paintsnow
10-24-2007, 01:04
most lights meant for scuba are somewhat large, so incorporating a knife into them wouldnt work very well.

i think theres a few knives with small led lights built into them for surface use, but there arent any that are rated for depth.

so your better off just getting a small knife like the 5 dollar one scubatoys has and a cheap light.

as long as you stick with large brands such as UK and Prinston Tec your going to get good quality stuff.

turtle_guy
10-24-2007, 04:30
Did you mean a kit. If so I can suggest the uk pro pack its got a c8, a mini q40, and a remora knife

Jipps
10-24-2007, 10:18
I would definately go with UK lights, Princeton Tech LEDs are brighter, but I see more of them brought back to my store because of flooding. Never had a UK returned yet.

ScubaToys Larry
10-24-2007, 10:25
Did you mean a kit. If so I can suggest the uk pro pack its got a c8, a mini q40, and a remora knife

Here is that UP Pro pack he is talking about: UK Pro Pak, Light Paks, Underwater Kinetics, UK Pro Pak (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=UKlLightKnifeKit)

terrillja
10-24-2007, 13:51
I would definately go with UK lights, Princeton Tech LEDs are brighter, but I see more of them brought back to my store because of flooding. Never had a UK returned yet.

Haven't had any issues with my Princeton tec lights so far, and I have been pretty rough on them. Whatever brand you go with however, make sure that you get an LED light, since the bulbs are much more tolerant of abuse and being shaken around.

Scuba Steve
10-25-2007, 01:54
Has anyone measured how much longer LED lights last on a set of batteries versus HID (true analysis, not advertised)? Does the amount of money saved on batteries quantify the difference in cost between the two types of lights?

Also, does anyone notice the difference between the colors emmited from the lights when used under water?