PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Lake Tenkiller this weekend?

Disneymom
10-22-2007, 20:32
It's hunting season, which means I'm losing my dive buddy.

I'm kicking around going to the lake this weekend while he hunts. Anyone going? I need a buddy!

NitroWill
10-22-2007, 23:33
Dont fool yourself..you dont wanna dive that lake..

You want to come here and dive nice clear warm water ;) Ill dive with ya anytime :)

<end brainwashing>

Disneymom
10-23-2007, 09:18
Dont fool yourself..you dont wanna dive that lake..

You want to come here and dive nice clear warm water ;) Ill dive with ya anytime :)

<end brainwashing>
Ha ha!!
No, I don't necessarily want to dive that lake.... BUT it's a place to dive. Beats the heck out of my pool which is 65* right now. My tub isn't deep enough.
brainwashing working...........

chace_nicole
10-23-2007, 20:30
too bad I can't make it up there this weekend...I would love to get a few dives in. Will just doesn't know what he's missing at tenkiller:smiley36:

enjoyed the manatee pics...bet that was a wonderful experience!

Disneymom
10-23-2007, 21:36
too bad I can't make it up there this weekend...I would love to get a few dives in. Will just doesn't know what he's missing at tenkiller:smiley36:

enjoyed the manatee pics...bet that was a wonderful experience!That's too bad!! Let me know when you're ever headed this way.

No, Will doesn't know what he's missing. Our lovely green water, our attack perch. He only thinks he's making me jealous with all his clear springs and blue water in Florida. :smiley36:

Yeah - the manatee snorkel was awesome! I'd love to do it again in the winter when there are more around and in the clearer springs.

NitroWill
10-23-2007, 21:38
Yea...cold water, bad visibility - no thanks ;)

Im diving crystal river next week and diving west palm beach this weekend ;) water temps are in mid 80s...come on down and join me!!! :)

chace_nicole
10-23-2007, 22:07

Im diving crystal river next week and diving west palm beach this weekend ;) water temps are in mid 80s...come on down and join me!!! :)

okay now your just braggin! jk...yeah I'm a tad bit jealous:)

let us know how it goes or better yet post pic so we can live vicariously through the experience!!!!!

NitroWill
10-23-2007, 22:12

okay now your just braggin! jk...yeah I'm a tad bit jealous:)

let us know how it goes or better yet post pic so we can live vicariously through the experience!!!!!

if only i had a camera! thats definitely on the wish list - will definitely post a review though :)

mpd525
10-24-2007, 09:59
DM, i'm going friday, i switched shifts so i don't have weekends off anymore, but i'm going this friday, gonna dive all day. there's only one problem, Tim is in LaPaz and he's not back until next tuesday so nobody is in the shop. (luckily Tim is an awesome guy, and let me go ahead and get gear and tanks last week) Anyway you'll probably have to get tanks somewhere else. Let me know, we're gonna be diving off the boat at a couple of the home sites, so if your interested give me a call

Disneymom
10-24-2007, 10:36
MPD - I can't go until either Saturday or Sunday, probably morning if I go. didn't realize Tim was out of town - darn! I would rather not have to get tanks in town, but if I have to I will. What was the temp last time you were in the lake?

mpd525
10-24-2007, 16:22
went 2 weeks ago and the temp. was 78, another dive buddy of mine went this past sunday and he said it was 71 at 65ft. so i'm guessing it'll be anywhere between 75 and 78.

Disneymom
10-24-2007, 17:58
went 2 weeks ago and the temp. was 78, another dive buddy of mine went this past sunday and he said it was 71 at 65ft. so i'm guessing it'll be anywhere between 75 and 78.
works for me!

mpd525
10-24-2007, 19:48
i'll send you a pm when i get back friday and let you know what the water was.

mpd525
10-26-2007, 22:14
Well Bad News DM, the lake has turned over, so the viz is about 3-5 ft at best. and the water temp has dropped to about 68-64, it just depends on where your at. So a 7mm is needed and a hood, otherwise it's COLD. But I'm cold natured.