PDA

View Full Version : SeaLife 600 batteries

Krafcheck
10-23-2007, 11:36
Is the short battery life due to strobe usage or is just from regular usage?
I have read reviews that the battery life barely last a dive. Not sure how many pictures or if they are using flash with/without strobe.

DevilDiver
10-24-2007, 09:05
It is due to continous usage. Try to set the auto shut down to the minimal time aceptable and not leave the camera on constantly.
I usually can get 2 dives per battery but I two back ups kept in a dry box as well.
As for the Strobes I uses rechargables and have 4 sets. I always have two sets charging and two sets with me. I usually get 2 dives per set with these as well............

sgarland
02-22-2008, 17:24
Where did you pick up the extra batteries from?

terrillja
02-22-2008, 17:44
Call ST and ask. Otherwise (cough) google and another retailer (LP) will show up. We ordered an extra from them since we need one soon and UPS ground wouldn't get there in time. Not ST's fault, unless you blame them for not having a store out here...

ST is my best bet when I have a week or more before I need something, LP is my bet when I needed something yesterday and now need it asap, without paying a lot for shipping.

DevilDiver
02-27-2008, 10:02

Camera batteries from ST. Strobe AA's 2500 mAh NiMH from Walmart w/ charger.

terrillja
02-27-2008, 10:17
Is the short battery life due to strobe usage or is just from regular usage?
I have read reviews that the battery life barely last a dive. Not sure how many pictures or if they are using flash with/without strobe.
Also check this out:

http://forum.scubatoys.com/gear-information/9887-sealife-dc-series-clean-battery-contacts.html