PDA

View Full Version : Tanks in the Philippines

Joew
07-18-2007, 02:01
I was reading another post about tank valves, and it got me thinking. What is standard in the Philippines, yoke or DIN? I'm assuming it's yoke, but if not it would be good to know ahead of time.

Diver Dennis
07-21-2007, 21:17
Yoke but almost all places have DIN adapters because of all the Europeans who dive there.

GatorSoul
08-02-2007, 07:48
In Coron, Palawan, it was primarily yoke. Some guest had DIN valves, but all of the instructors had yoke and all of the shops' tanks were yoke. Hope this helps.

h2odragon1
08-24-2007, 10:03
In Puerto Galera, and Boracay most valves were yokes. I rarely saw DIN. If it was DIN, it belonged to the diver

Jamesmb
09-04-2007, 16:33
All yoke?

Bill22
09-04-2007, 18:13
All yoke? I didn't answer this originally because someone else already mentioned Puerto Galera which is the only place that I have dived (so far) in the Philippines. Yes, it's pretty much all yoke from what I can see based on personal experience and researching my next dive trip. Many places will have DIN adapters as was already mentioned because of the European trade.

The best thing to do would be to query the dive shop directly and ask if they have DIN if that is what you're looking for. My experience is that most are very prompt in replying to inquiries. More than likely you will end up using an adapter though.

Bill22
11-13-2007, 22:04
I can add Malapascua and Moalboal to the list now.... yoke. I did see some DIN adapters in Malapascua though.

chip104
11-14-2007, 15:24
Every dive shop uses yoke cylinders. If the dive shop offers tech courses or tech dives, you can be pretty certain they carry DIN valves as well. If not, it is best to call them since, as Diver Dennis says, adaptors are usually available.

Discovery divers in Coron has DIN valves available. All the Tech shops in Puerto Galera carry DIN.

gbrdiver
11-22-2007, 19:10
Every shop I have used and/or emailed at Subic or PG with an enquiry has assured me DIN tanks are available.

boarder06
02-17-2008, 02:22
I dove with Sea Explorers (http://www.sea-explorers.com/), who have shops in Moalboal, Sequior, Cabilao, Alona Beach, and Malapascua. By default you get a yoke valve, but they do offer DIN valves if you ask for it and I have actually seen them on the boats.