PDA

View Full Version : Question about BC's

bamamedic
10-23-2007, 11:48
Hi! I'm a student diver, and have a bit of a question. I've noticed that on the BC I'm stuck using, that the cummerbund keeps on wanting to ride up to my natural waist, instead of down by my hips, with the end result of the BC being too high up and the first stage winds up knocking me in the head. Do you think a zeagle zena would prevent that?
I'm just trying to figure out what BC to buy, and I'm a bit tired of getting thumped in the head everytime I look up while underwater :)

Thanks! :)

Foo2
10-23-2007, 12:11
Hi bamamedic! I also had that exact problem. Just this weekend I got the Zena. It fits sooooo nice. You need to go to shop, preferably ST if you're local, and try one on! It fits hips & waist perfectly. It is by far the most comfortable one that I've tried on. I also got to dive one at the ST party last month. It was so nice. I can't wait to get mine wet! Good luck on your search!

ertechsg
10-23-2007, 12:25
Sounds like the BC your using is a little to big for your frame. also try to place the BC higher on the tank place the strap at or below the stamping on the tank does cause the tank to ride lower but saves your head. And like FOO2 said go try some on .

somewhereinla
10-23-2007, 13:13
definitely the problem, your bc is too big for you, you should either get a smaller size or as it has been suggested buy your own.

Zenagirl
10-23-2007, 15:01
No matter what BC I ever tried, if it had a cumberbun, it rode up like that. I've had my Zena for over 3 years and not once has it ever shifted on my body AT ALL!

divechaplain-sara
10-23-2007, 17:09
I've got a zena and it really does help prevent that problem. Any weight integrated BC might be able to help with that issue as well. If you are wearing a weight belt your body is negatively boyant and your BC with some air in it is positive so it rides up/you sink down. A woman's BC, definitely helps with getting the fit right through the shoulders, waist, and hips in addition to the bust which also helps keep everything in the right place.

booger
10-23-2007, 18:30
I just got a Zena a few months ago and I love it! It doesn't shift around on me at all! I also like the fact that I can go cold water diving with a thick wetsuit, or warm water with no wet suit and it still fits perfectly. You just cinch the straps more or less depending on your need. Also helpful if you gain or lose weight. If push comes to shove, you can just replace one component of the BC (for example the front panel), instead of having to buy a whole new one. I also have to admit that I like the whole zipper design. It was actually the one thing that had turned me off of the Zena before I purchased one. Now I think it's great. It's super easy to put on even with a lot of weight in it by yourself.

cooltravelnews
10-23-2007, 18:33
Any BC can ride up and some more than others. I have just added a strap to my Scuba Pro Knighthawk. If you have a really long torso and bc you might not experience this, but people with a big stomach and other type frames get stuck with this happening that is why the crotch strap is still around and does wonders. Just have one added or buy a bc with one.

chace_nicole
10-23-2007, 19:39
I haven't decided which bc to purchase yet either, but leaning towards the zena. I will tell you that when I tried it on, it felt like I was wearing nothing, it was so lite compared to other womens bc's I tried. Good to hear that riding up is not an issue with this bc.

cshel
10-23-2007, 19:52
I also love my Zena. It does not ride up or shift around. You put it on, cinch it up and go. You never have to think about it again.

PhD4JC
11-23-2007, 10:23
ertschcg gave good advice until u find one that fits: place the BC higher on the tank place the strap at or below the stamping on the tank does cause the tank to ride lower but saves your head.