PDA

View Full Version : Add a QD (Quick Disconnect) to Veo 180 NavCon?

reservecops
10-23-2007, 14:09
Probably a question for Larry, but feel free to answer if you know:

I purchased a Veo 180 NavCon (three gauge console - computer, compass, and SPG) from ST a few months back.

I see that the Veo 250 includes a Quick Disconnect, and was wondering if it was possible to add a QD to my existing setup with the Veo 180?

GlockGuy
10-23-2007, 20:43
I don't think so, but I have the VEO 250 w/QD and I love it! You may be able to upgrade, but I'm not sure. You may be able to move that computer, SPG and compass into a VEO Swiv console...

reservecops
10-24-2007, 07:55
I don't think so, but I have the VEO 250 w/QD and I love it! You may be able to upgrade, but I'm not sure. You may be able to move that computer, SPG and compass into a VEO Swiv console...It is in a SWIV console. The NavCon = 3 gauge SWIV, which includes the computer, compass, and SPG.

The point where it differs is the QD between the hose and the SPG.

Jipps
10-24-2007, 10:24
Im pretty sure you can buy the QD fitting seperate and mount them to guage and hose seperately. If I remember right we have special ordered some in from oceanic in the past. Think it was like $100 or something like that, not really sure.

ScubaToys Larry
10-24-2007, 10:35
Yes, it's do-able. You can buy that hose and fitting for $78, minus your 10% board discount, then just swap them out. You have to take the gauge out of the boot, unscrew the old hose, screw on the adapter, then pop it back in. It's pretty easy, but if you're not comfortable doing it, we can do it for you if you send us the console.

reservecops
10-24-2007, 11:20
Yes, it's do-able. You can buy that hose and fitting for $78, minus your 10% board discount, then just swap them out.Great! And I think I just found a use for my $10 and $50 gift certificates from ST! :)

You have to take the gauge out of the boot, unscrew the old hose, screw on the adapter, then pop it back in. It's pretty easy, but if you're not comfortable doing it, we can do it for you if you send us the console.No need to send it to you guys -- I already took it apart to replace the defective SPG with the new one you sent me back in July ... :)

Thanks!

tarheeldiver
10-25-2007, 12:31
Yes, it's do-able. You can buy that hose and fitting for $78, minus your 10% board discount, then just swap them out. You have to take the gauge out of the boot, unscrew the old hose, screw on the adapter, then pop it back in. It's pretty easy, but if you're not comfortable doing it, we can do it for you if you send us the console.
Larry is that the price to convert a 250 also?
greg

terrillja
10-29-2007, 23:08
Larry is that the price to convert a 250 also?
greg

They use the same fitting, so they should. My dad's 250 is the same as my 180 as far as the fitting.