PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Pro Knighthawk BC

cooltravelnews
10-23-2007, 18:01
I purchased this BC in June and had the pleasure of using it all of July in Palau, Yap, Chuuk and Bikini Atoll. This unit worked flawlessly converting it to doubles in Truk and for my week of double steel 104's. I weigh 185 and the lift was fine. However, if I had weighed over 200 the lift might have been in question. Compairing this bc to my IDI bc this one has limited pockets so I purchased a add-on pocket. The back plate is excellent and Scuba Pro use to make a conversion part which you might still find if you search it out to be an exact swap to doubles. The switch was fine with longer thread rod which they had available at Bikini Atoll. I highly recommend doubles in Truk (*Available at the Truk Stop) and with Bikini Atoll Divers in Bikini Atoll. This unit does tend to push you face down more than IDI's so you have to play with the fill to stay upright. This unit did tend to ride up (*Its a large and I am 5'7" 185 muscular) so when I got back I had it sent back and a crotch strap added. Over all a 7 of 10. It would be a 9 if it had a large light pocket like IDI and a removable crotch strap.

MikeJ7
12-08-2007, 16:53
Hmm I've been wanting to get this BC for my dad. So would you say well worth $430 (not sure if I can mention the website...) or are there definite better ones in that price range? Might I add he's tried it on at a shop and really liked the look and feel of it.

Navy OnStar
12-09-2007, 10:48
I really like mine. It is short on pockets so I made a couple to fit behind the intergrated weight pockets on the nylon straps. Since I made them specifically for the gear I was carrying there is no wasted space. Here is a link to some pics. http://forum.scubatoys.com/diy/6671-bcd-pockets-just-made.html?highlight=bcd+pockets+just+made If you want to carry any extra gear an extra pocket is necessary.

MikeJ7
12-09-2007, 19:44
Ah okay thanks for mentioning that. The job you did on it looks really professional. Nice

Navy OnStar
12-09-2007, 19:48
Ah okay thanks for mentioning that. The job you did on it looks really professional. Nice

No problem. Thanks for the compliment on the pockets! It's a really nice, well made BCD You would think they would have put more thought into the pockets.

OnStar

digitalman
06-30-2008, 10:44
I tried one out in the pool once and didn't really care for it. I guess if I'm going to go back inflate, I'll probably go for a plate and wings so I can set up doubles easier than the makeshift strap method SP offers as a solution.

TxFltMedic
02-10-2009, 14:50
I have a Knighthawk and am very happy with it. I tried a Zeagle on in the pool and it didn't fit me nearly as well. My girlfriend has a Ladyhawk and is VERY happy with it. She is 5'10" and she says it fits her "curves" much better than a mens style... I think the sternum strap is higher and doesn't "squish" as much.... My main suggestion is to try it in the pool and buy whatever is most comfortable... Happy Diving!!!