PDA

View Full Version : Mares Liquidskin or Tilos M580 Full Panoramic Mask

shane.metzler
10-23-2007, 19:18
Hello,

I had a Gensis Mask that worked great, however, I lost it over the weekend during a diving adventure...So I am looking for a new mask, I have it down to the Liquidskin or the Tilos M580. I added the purge feature and Soft Strap to the Tilos, so they are both the same price.

I have a small face so I am unsure which would fit better. The price difference is only about $20.00...

Thank you all for the help.

Shane

sudnit5
10-23-2007, 20:48
I don't have any personal experience with either, but my girlfriend dives with the LiquidSkin and loves it. It all depends on how it fits your face. I would recommend going to a shop and trying them on.

Jipps
10-24-2007, 12:32
Definately go try them on before buying them. Once you make sure it fits, you can order it with any special features you want to add (like a purge). Just make sure it fits first, alot of dive shops wont take returns on special orders.

shane.metzler
10-24-2007, 18:38
Thanks for the suggestion...I have to find a LDS that has those in.

Shane

cheebaweebie
10-24-2007, 21:55
I owned the liquiskin and hated it. I have a thin face and didn't fit well at all. Leaked like he** and pressed so hard on my forehead tightenng the strap to get it to quit I thought my head was going to explode.
Go and try one out before you buy.

SHAGGY
10-25-2007, 10:40
Yes I would definately suggest trying on a few and seeing how they fit your face. I tried on about every mask at Scuba Toys before I decided on the Liquid Skin. I was leaning towards the Atomic mask until I tried one on and it pressed against my forehead pretty hard. So basically try them all on and come away with the one that fits you. Also remember, any slight discomfort or noticable contact will be multiplied several times over when down deep.