PDA

View Full Version : Sherwood Wisdom Software

NitroWill
10-24-2007, 14:17
Hey guys,
I have a Sherwood Wisdom Nitrox computer on the way. Was just curious who else uses this computer and what software you use. I downloaded the software from Sherwood and although it seems a little old it seems ok. Is there something better? It seems Oceanlog works and also Divinglog. Ive been diving over 4 years but believe it or not this is my first computer so any suggestions on compatible software would be nice :)

Thanks!
Will

Defman
10-24-2007, 16:53
I'd be interested in this answer too, only used the Sherwood software.

Didn't have much luck getting the "Vista compatible" version to work either on Vista, seems like a dll wasn't registered based on the error... oh well, just another thing that went on the XP on virtual machine....

NitroWill
10-25-2007, 10:05
Do you have the wisdom? How is the software?

Mine should be here today..so havent got to use it yet..

Divinglog says it is compatible, anyone have experience with it?

Diving Log 4.0 - Logbook Software for Scuba Divers - Dive Log, Scuba Log (http://divinglog.de/english/home/index.php)

Defman
10-25-2007, 10:37
Yep, I have the Wisdom 1. v2 Software seems OK but I don't have much to compare it to except the old Mares DCDS. It's better than that!

NitroWill
10-25-2007, 10:51
Well they want $40 for that divinglog software which I cant really see myself paying for - so if noone knows of any free or cheaper alternatives - might just have to stick w/ sherwoods software..

kroorda
10-27-2007, 15:27
Will, My wife and I both have Sherwood Wisdom computers. They are wonderful computers. The Oceanlog software isn't much to get excited about though. When you download dives, some dives are lost in the process. It is not 'smooth' operating software. Sherwood Wisdoms are made by "Palegic Group" who also makes the computers for Oceanic. Thus, both Oceanic, Aeris, and Sherwood share very similar software. There is no alternative to their software - darnit. It works, but it works 'hokey'.

NitroWill
10-27-2007, 22:10
Interesting..
Well I talked with someone today and they recommended the following program..

Said that still need the sherwood software but you can export the data to this program that is a lot more feature rich!

Might be worth a try..heres the link:

Scubase Dive Log - Scuba Dive Log Software (http://www.scubase.net/)