PDA

View Full Version : Key Largo - Thanksgiving Week

texarkandy
10-24-2007, 22:43
We're off to Key Largo for Thanksgiving week - hoping to dive the 19th, 20th, 21st - anybody else gonna be there?

deepdiver47
10-25-2007, 05:49
I will be in Key Largo from the 16th-20th. Nascar racing, scuba diving and fishing.
My dive days will be 11/17 AM and 11/19 AM

Who are you diving with?

texarkandy
10-25-2007, 09:15
Haven't picked a Dive Op yet - traded a couple e-mails with Silent World, but not committed - we'll have 2 divers & one snorkeler & so will be trying to find somebody to set us up a 3 day package for all

Buoyant1
10-31-2007, 11:43
I'll be in Marathon that week and the next...if in Key Largo, check out Blue Water divers...great guys to dive with!

texarkandy
11-01-2007, 08:02
Conch Republic is supposed to be throwing a turkey-fry feast for divers. Reportedly you don't even have to be diving with them. Anybody know about this?

Buoyant1
11-01-2007, 18:11
Tilden's in Marathon is having a tent sale Thanksgiving Weekend..also...

Garrobo
11-01-2007, 19:03
Islamorada, 18th to 22nd.

texarkandy
11-02-2007, 17:19
Which dive-op you diving with & why?

kancho
11-05-2007, 23:26
Can anyone suggest an operator in Key Largo. i will be going in Dec sometime. I want to know who is good and who isn't.

THanks

sidneydiver
11-06-2007, 09:12
Conch Republic are excellent. I wish I was going to be there soon!

texarkandy
11-16-2007, 22:11
Can anyone suggest an operator in Key Largo. i will be going in Dec sometime. I want to know who is good and who isn't.

THanks

I'll post a trip report on Conch Republic when I get back after Thanksgiving - I hear most of the operators are basically good (Rainbow Reef, Silent World, Blue Water, etc) - seems from my research it just gets down to personal preference - prices are slightly higher for operators with a reputation for personal service/attention to customers, but you can save a buck or two if you're pretty much just looking for a air/weights and a boat ride out to the reef.

We are staying at the Suites at Key Largo (booked through Travelocity) - I'll let the board know my impression of them also.

Black-Gorrilla
11-18-2007, 21:21
i'll say that i might dive one of those days (maybe fri,or saturday) but not 100%... havent been diving in about 3 weeks now... hows the water? (temp.)
anyway...
if i do dive, it will be with Amy Slates Amoray... im a big white brasilian and dive a transplate with Mares Regs... and of course ... Scubatoys Mask Strap.

beenerachi
11-20-2007, 13:38
Looks like most are recommending Silent World/Conch...but are there any lodging within walking distance (carrying gear) to any of the dive operators? I've also been trading emails with Silent World, but it seems that there are no places next to their marina. Thanks for any other leads...

Brewer
11-23-2007, 22:43

THanks
We dove with Florida keys dive center and they were awsome and they will do package prices. We stayed at Ocean Point and had 2 people for 7 days and dove 4 half days each for arround $850

Brewer
11-23-2007, 22:45
i'll say that i might dive one of those days (maybe fri,or saturday) but not 100%... havent been diving in about 3 weeks now... hows the water? (temp.)
anyway...
if i do dive, it will be with Amy Slates Amoray... im a big white brasilian and dive a transplate with Mares Regs... and of course ... Scubatoys Mask Strap.
ever hear about slate leaving 2 divers at sea for 26 hours?

bubbles
11-28-2007, 20:40
Dove with Conch Republic over Thanksgiving....did 6, 2 tank dives with them over the course of several days. They were fantastic. Very accommodating and helpful. Any dive shop / boat can rate high marks on an average or "no problem" day, but Conch Republic performed remarkably with a diver on our boat who presumably was suffering a mild case of the bends. Extremely calm, efficient, and professional handling of the situation. :smiley20:

Black-Gorrilla
11-29-2007, 19:38
anyway...
ever hear about slate leaving 2 divers at sea for 26 hours?

no... slate from the keys or slate from miami beach?

Black-Gorrilla
11-29-2007, 20:02
btw... details and a link to anything you know of this.
i've dove with them since my OW class, and only with them every weekend (with the exception of last 5 weeks i have not dived)
and capt. Dan aways does a Roll call.

Doug B
12-10-2007, 21:54

THanks

Island Ventures..... good people. Had a great time. Did 13 dives with them in March.

If you see them, tell them "Doug and Captian Ron from Indiana said Hi".

Brewer
07-30-2008, 15:22
From the keys