PDA

View Full Version : New purchase - Apollo Bio-fin Yellow c-strap

whitenoise
10-26-2007, 04:16
Hi everyone!

While I've been lurking for a while I thought it was about time to say hi (and get 10% off :smiley20:).

I'm based in the UK and been researching for ages the Apollo Bio-fin Yellow with the new straps. They are about 160 in the UK and theres about a month wait :smiley13:. Knowing this excellent forum from when I was researching other kit, thought I would stop by and look at the Apollos here. Looks like everyone rated ST highly, so I ordered my pair yesterday. OK so these fins are not light to send through the post, but they still work out cheaper, probably due to the exchange rate at the moment...! Plus Joe told me that I should expect them early next week - now thats quick service :smiley32:

ScubaToys Larry
10-26-2007, 04:26
Great to have you here! And you'll love the fins!

Thanks for joining our community!

whitenoise
10-26-2007, 04:59
Assuming that the timing is correct (it probably is since I think Texas is about 5 hours behind UK), what are doing online at 4am in the morning Larry? :smiley2: I'd be in bed for sure!

ScubaToys Larry
10-26-2007, 07:15
Just happened to be up... so I checked the board... I'm up many times at 4-5 am... I don't know... Just when I wake up!

cyclone
10-26-2007, 09:40
Hi everyone!

While I've been lurking for a while I thought it was about time to say hi (and get 10% off :smiley20:).

I'm based in the UK and been researching for ages the Apollo Bio-fin Yellow with the new straps. They are about 160 in the UK and theres about a month wait :smiley13:. Knowing this excellent forum from when I was researching other kit, thought I would stop by and look at the Apollos here. Looks like everyone rated ST highly, so I ordered my pair yesterday. OK so these fins are not light to send through the post, but they still work out cheaper, probably due to the exchange rate at the moment...! Plus Joe told me that I should expect them early next week - now thats quick service :smiley32:
Kewl, I always like that fins. I don't know why they offer me aeris split duo fins when I went to the store the last time:smiley13: J/K:smiley36:

Puffer Fish
10-26-2007, 11:49
Hi everyone!

My favorite fin... good choice...

whitenoise
10-29-2007, 14:50
:clap: So my new Apollo fins arrived this morning, delivered safe and sound from America to the UK. Considering I only ordered them late Friday afternoon I think thats amazing!!!! :smiley20:

They certainly look the business and they fit well. Can't wait to try them out!!

Many Thanks Scubatoys! :smiley32:

RonFrank
10-29-2007, 14:55
I've been diving the Bio-Fins for years. They are nice, and my favorite Ocean fin. Enjoy, and welcome to the board.

Puffer Fish
10-29-2007, 15:43
I've been diving the Bio-Fins for years. They are nice, and my favorite Ocean fin. Enjoy, and welcome to the board.

I will second that on both accounts... except I wanted to say it first and Ron beat me to it.

Note: With some boots, putting the fins on can be "sticky". I found a very, very small amount of silicon on the pocket makes this go away. Most of my boots don't have that issue, but one pair sticks like glue to the fin.

whitenoise
10-30-2007, 04:07
Thanks Ron, and I'll bear that in mind Puffer Fish. =D