PDA

View Full Version : Time to start thinkin about Christmas lists...

FastPirate
10-26-2007, 14:16
So...in late january im off to manila in the Philippines now, by the looks of it, and im trying to think of gear i should "invest" in before i leave...and i figure get some of it for Xmas... so heres a list of what i have so far

Riptides Zone BCD,
Tusa RS 130 Regulator
Mares Brigade Viper Octo
Scubapro Fins
Oceanpro mask
Remora Knife
Suunto Mosquito Dive computer
Basic TUSA guages

and it think thats it, im thinking about getting one of those dive alert pluss, and possibly a signaling tube....anything else? any Input would be welcome!!!

Im really exited, I'd be there for 3 months or so, and honestly im going to log as many dives as i possibly can while im there. soo let me know what you think i might need....

3rdEye
10-26-2007, 14:35
lights bro.....for some night diving

and a camera and housing to capture it all

a good SMB and reel is a good idea too

Chad
10-26-2007, 14:41
Definitely lights. Night diving is the best.

cyclone
10-26-2007, 16:14
I already put my wish list on our refrigerator, thinking my wife will check it out. My first one on the list is the oceanic computer mask.:smiley36: The last one on the list is the tank valve cover.:smilie39:

FastPirate
10-26-2007, 17:34
lights bro.....for some night diving

and a camera and housing to capture it all

a good SMB and reel is a good idea too
whats a SMB??

wxboy911
10-26-2007, 19:45
Surface Marker Buoy...I had to ask the same question. Take a looks at this one...

See Me Safety Signal Tube, Accessories-Flags, Trident, See Me Safety Signal Tube (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Seeme_signal)

OR

Signal Marker Buoy - Large Self Sealing, Accessories: Signaling, ScubaToys, Signal Marker Buoy - Large Self Sealing (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SelfSealingSafetyTube)

kingfish
10-27-2007, 21:53
Even a light/torch for looking under overhangs and stuff during day diving is cool.
I rescently got one and i love being able to see into all the dark nooks and crannys.

Jas.

jimmysdevoted
10-27-2007, 22:36
i think if you are travelling any here, taking basic kits for stomach troubles, and rashes would be a wise investment.

ScubaJenn81
10-28-2007, 08:01
I am a dork, I know, but I am already halfway though my Christmas shopping, however, I have no idea what I want for myself.

THT98
10-28-2007, 13:47
I have an initial list made. Most of my stuff is small this year, so should make good stocking stuffers!

bversteegh
11-01-2007, 00:18
3 mil wetsuit and booties.