PDA

View Full Version : Datamask uploading/downloading help!

kroorda
10-27-2007, 15:31
I have two datamasks and have been completely unable to upload or download either mask. I've followed the instructions in the manual (pg 124) and put the mask in the SET F mode first, but it doesn't work. I've tried doing it with the mask in the NOR mode, and that doesn't work. Any advice from someone who has had success uploading/downloading this mask would be most appreciated. Thank you.

RECDiver
10-28-2007, 16:30
You have TWO of them?!!

dludwig
10-28-2007, 16:43
:smiley29:

RoadRacer1978
10-28-2007, 16:57
I have two datamasks

You lost me right there. Lucky SOB. :smiley36:

NitroWill
10-28-2007, 17:38
Ill send Tommy a link to this thread - he owns one of these - maybe he can help..

Jipps
10-28-2007, 21:49
let me know how you like them, once you get them to work, i havent gotten any feedback about them.

kingfish
10-29-2007, 01:52
Yeh....you are supposed to have a spare mask arn't you? :P

Jas.

bperrybap
10-29-2007, 02:53
I don't have a mask to try but I believe you just
hook the cable up to the mask when it is in surface mode.
See page 21 of the manual.

I believe that the comment about Set F Group and Free
dive alarms on page 124 is saying that those options can
only be set by the buttons on the mask and cannot be set by
the s/w and PC interface.

--- bill

Krafcheck
10-29-2007, 12:33
I have a VT3 and it was hard at first but i eventually figured it out. you name your new log, then it takes you to a screen that that says it is connected to the computer via cable, then the countdown from 120 seconds starts, and then you click on a the link on the pop up window and it starts to download. Sometimes it takes several tries but it eventually gets through it all.

BoomerNJ
10-30-2007, 06:33
If you give me your spare one, I'll help you... :smilie39:

TommyB
11-01-2007, 11:27
you have to get a patch from oceanic's site.
seems this patch fixed that download issue

philmayer
11-06-2007, 16:11

The fix is included in Oceanlog 2.1.5.

K, did you ever get the issue resolved? I haven't had any problems out of mine.

kroorda
11-11-2007, 17:05

The fix is included in Oceanlog 2.1.5.

K, did you ever get the issue resolved? I haven't had any problems out of mine. Phil, I finally ended up taking both masks back for a refund. I spent a lot of time, even with Oceanic on the phone, and it was just too much of a hassle getting the uploading/downloading to work. Worst of all is the connector/connection that they use. Getting the pins to line up and stay put is a feat in itself. I feel that, for $1500, things should work smoothly, without futzing around, and should work first time, every time. This is no $300 computer. If it was, I would be more forgiving. Also, I learned that the screws on the Datamask corrode after just a dive or two. I'd hate to see them after a couple hundred dives. When Oceanic fixes the problems, I'd like to look at the mask(s) again. Thanks for your reply. Kent