PDA

View Full Version : Zena ?

chace_nicole
10-27-2007, 16:02
Ok, searched through many old zena threads, but couldn't find the answer. Many of you own this bc...does it come with a place to put rear weights? Do you have to add that on? Does it even need it?

Thanks in advance

DevilDiver
10-27-2007, 16:17
There are trim pockets for weights on the bottom tank band.

cshel
10-27-2007, 16:40
there are dumpable weight pockets in the back.

texarkandy
10-27-2007, 19:02
My daughter's Zena came with trim pockets in the rear (from ScubaToys) & they seem to work really well for her - I don't know if it's standard to come with them or if they threw them in as a freebie - I didn't get any with my Brigade :(

chace_nicole
10-27-2007, 19:07
My daughter's Zena came with trim pockets in the rear (from ScubaToys) & they seem to work really well for her - I don't know if it's standard to come with them or if they threw them in as a freebie - I didn't get any with my Brigade :(

Out of curiosity, what made you go with the brigade over the zena for yourself? I am looking at both(brigade for pockets)
have yet to try on the brigade for the deciding factor.

texarkandy
10-27-2007, 21:29
Out of curiosity, what made you go with the brigade over the zena for yourself? I am looking at both(brigade for pockets)

Cause I'm "The Dad" - if I wore a Zena (which is designed for women, not that that would stop me) daughter would die of embarassment

chace_nicole
10-27-2007, 22:30

Cause I'm "The Dad" - if I wore a Zena (which is designed for women, not that that would stop me) daughter would die of embarassment

:smilie39::smilie39: Makes perfect sense now! male or female wasn't listed on your profile so I wasn't sure...can't always tell by the name. Good dad for not embarassing the daughter;)

BeachBunnyCrissy
10-28-2007, 18:02
I got mine from Scuba toys and it came standard as far as i know.

texarkandy
10-28-2007, 22:16
Good dad for not embarassing the daughter;)

Quite often my mere presence in a crowded room or at a public event embarrasses her for some reason. :)

But back to the subject - one difference I noticed in her Zena is it only has one rear dump valve whereas my Brigade has two. I've heard tell some people have two on their Zena.

I'm not too sure re: the functionality of the Brigade pockets - I'm a relatively new diver and only have about 10 dives on it - they seem a little awkward to get into, but then maybe I just haven't developed the muscle-memory for them yet - I'm a travel-light kind of guy anyway & am anxious to try a BP-wing rig someday.

BTW - my daughter loves her Zena

Charlotte Smith
10-28-2007, 22:18
I got mine from Scuba toys and it came standard as far as i know.

Me too.....Love my BC.....