PDA

View Full Version : How do I install hose boot

citykid
10-28-2007, 20:01
I need to install the hose boots. The boots that protect your hoses so they don't kink coming out of the 1st stage. I can not figure how to get them on.

ScubaToys Larry
10-28-2007, 20:06
If they are the vinyl ones, the big secret is boiling water. Get some work gloves and drop them in boiling water for about 30 seconds. Pour them out, grab and slide them on.

If the rubber ones - the boiling doesn't help as much - and for either a spray of silicone helps out a bit.

pnevai
10-28-2007, 20:24
some dishwashing detergent. Slippery when wet but stays in place once it dries. Same trick when installing grips on motorcycle handlebars. Avoid using stuff that will stay slippery, like artificial lubricants as they will let the strain reliefs slip well aftewards.

awap
10-28-2007, 21:13
Unless you have a hose that is benting too much at the junctions, I'd leave them off. It is easier to clean and inspect your hoses without them. Without the special installation tool, forcing the "protectors" over the connectors may do more harm than good. They are not necessary.

But if you must, try hot watter to soften the connector and K-Y jelly to lubricate it.