PDA

View Full Version : New forum idea

tc_rain
10-28-2007, 21:55
What does everyone think about a product review forum with subtopics such as fins, BCs, regulators, wetsuits, accessories and .? Keeping the forum to just reviews and no questions. If someone has a different review of the same item, post it as a response or respond that you agree. All questions can be asked in the other forums already listed. This way it will make it quicker and easier to see others opinions on items without having to read all the inapplicable back and forth between some posters. What do you think?

Charlotte Smith
10-28-2007, 22:07
What does everyone think about a product review forum with subtopics such as fins, BCs, regulators, wetsuits, accessories and .? Keeping the forum to just reviews and no questions. If someone has a different review of the same item, post it as a response or respond that you agree. All questions can be asked in the other forums already listed. This way it will make it quicker and easier to see others opinions on items without having to read all the inapplicable back and forth between some posters. What do you think?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the forum? Forum/Discussion....just a thought...

DevilDiver
10-28-2007, 22:10
I wold like to see something more done with the Photo Gallery. Maybe a vote for photo of the month or quarter.

chace_nicole
10-28-2007, 22:24
I wold like to see something more done with the Photo Gallery. Maybe a vote for photo of the month or quarter.

I second that...there are some great shots in there!

Capt Hook
10-28-2007, 23:57
Now I'm going to have to upload some photos!

gibson1525
10-29-2007, 09:56

i like the idea, it might keep people from asking some of the same questions over and over. if people have specific questions they can always go back and search the threads or create their own thread to ask a question

redneckdiver52
10-29-2007, 10:17
I have been on a couple other forums for a couple years now and I now matter how it is approached the same questions inevitably get asked over and over even if things are posted as a bulletin. Besides if you leave the way it is right now you can get post numbers for helping people and that is what the forum is for, right.

3rdEye
10-29-2007, 12:42
i think a product review/rating section would be a good idea....which is kind of seperate from a discussion forum in terms of how it works.

i think there are too many forum categories here already quite honestly....kind of dilutes the content and makes it harder to find things. some of these sub-sub sections could be folded into broader categories.