PDA

View Full Version : Had my first scuba related accomplishment today!

Cichlid
07-19-2007, 01:22
I completely removed my mask underwater and cleared it out! No purge on
my mask, so I didn't cheat. I remember trying this as a kid and never
having any luck. I'm on my way! One small step for me, one giant leap
towards being able to see underwater again! I know it's not that big of
a deal, just let me have my moment.smileys/smiley32.gif

przeor
07-19-2007, 01:25
Kudos- the more you can become comfortable with those skills the better. Plus you be ready when class rolls around. Mask flood and clear- both partial flood and mask removal, as well as swimming around w/o a mask on are good ones to get cozy with.

Joew
07-19-2007, 01:27
You're about to have another accomplishment. You're only a few posts away from becoming a grouper.

Cichlid
07-19-2007, 01:33
You're about to have another acomplishment. You're only a few posts away from becoming a grouper.

Oh? What? I didn't even notice. smileys/smiley2.gif

I'm very comfortable in the water. I actually tried it will my boy's mask, the one in my avatar. Not the best fit ever!

<------

I've got my own now though, woo hoo. No more swimming around under
water with my eyes open! My mom has a salt water pool though, so it has
been easy on my eyes.

mwhities
07-19-2007, 08:38
Good job. That was one skill that I never thought I could do. Nailed it the first time and everytime since then.

Keep us posted on your progress. I love to hear newly certified divers tell the same feelings I had.

Michael

jacewindu
07-19-2007, 09:48
congratulations! that skill always seems to give people troubles

Vercingetorix
07-19-2007, 11:16
I was just reading in Scuba Diving magazine about a reader with this problem. The reader has over 300 dives and still has problems with this skill. He can do it, but is just not comfortable with it.

ertechsg
07-19-2007, 12:40
CONGRATULATION!Problem overcome

medic001918
07-19-2007, 12:43
Congratulations. Keep up the good work. Everything will become easier the more you do it.
<DIV>
Shane</DIV>

Cichlid
07-19-2007, 21:15
It was pretty easy actually. I just snorted the water up through my nose and spit it out my mouth, worked like a charm!smileys/smiley2.gif

Rascal1933
07-19-2007, 21:26
<DIV>"It was pretty easy actually. I just snorted the water up through my nose and spit it out my mouth, worked like a charm!"</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Yeah ...We must havebeen in the same class!</DIV>
<DIV>I used thatmethod too.</DIV>

techgnostic
07-19-2007, 22:02
That's the ticket: regularself testing. Next step is practice things with your eyes closed.
<DIV>So say you get broadsided by a drunken mermaid or something, you can recover you reg before you clear you mask. (And then write down her fin plate number for the cops.)</DIV>

quarrydiver
08-12-2007, 12:25
congrats, the more you practice, the easier it will be clear your mask when it's knocked off by your buddy's fin.