PDA

View Full Version : How To Delete Messages in PM Outbox

Vercingetorix
07-19-2007, 10:41
I can delete messages from Inbox; how do I delete messages in Outbox?

TommyB
07-19-2007, 10:44
I can delete messages from Inbox; how do I delete messages in Outbox?

Outbox

This is where outgoing Private Messages are stored. Messages remain in your Outbox until the recipient has deleted the message.

Vercingetorix
07-19-2007, 10:57
So, if the recipient has already read the message (for instance, I've received a response), I cannot delete my own message? Is this an option the Admin (Larry, Joe) can set?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I'm a forum Admin for several other forums, using phpBB. This is an option.</DIV>

ScubaToys Larry
07-19-2007, 11:30
Heck if I know.... I could go figure it out, but we have the new servers on the way, and switching to vBulletin and there is an import function - and I don't want to go make many changes as it might mess with the importing.

Our lives should be straightened out by the end of next week...

frankc420
07-19-2007, 13:09
It's not deleted until the receiving end removes it from their inbox. No way around it at this point, as Larry said he isn't going to make any chances to the current forum because it's being moved over to vBulletin by the end of next week.

Vercingetorix
07-19-2007, 17:44
Heck if I know.... I could go figure it out, but we have the new servers on the way, and switching to vBulletin and there is an import function - and I don't want to go make many changes as it might mess with the importing.Thanks for the update. I didn't know about the vB changeover.

Our lives should be straightened out by the end of next week...
If only it were that simple...if only...sigh...

medic001918
07-19-2007, 18:23
You're switching tovBulletin? This place keeps getting better. I think I found a new home...
<DIV>
Shane</DIV>