PDA

View Full Version : I want a good pair of fins!

moosicman
10-30-2007, 21:50
ten and a half in size....do you have fins you want to get rid of??? let me know!!!!

chewyjr15
10-30-2007, 21:58
i do!!! oceanic V8 split fins with spring straps

Puffer Fish
10-31-2007, 11:30
ten and a half in size....do you have fins you want to get rid of??? let me know!!!!
If they were good, why would they be giving them to you?

Buoyant1
10-31-2007, 11:42
Buy new..if someone is selling them they must be crap (or old and beat)

That said...I love my Mares Avanti Quattros!!!

RonFrank
10-31-2007, 11:49
Buy new..if someone is selling them they must be crap (or old and beat)

Can't say I agree with this advice. My *old/crap* biofins are scratched, but indestructible. When we are both in the grave that old crap used fin will likely be pushing someone around a reef! :smiley20:

There is not much to go wrong with most fins, and buying fins used is a great way to save some bucks. Just make sure they fit!

NitroWill
10-31-2007, 12:08
Buy new..if someone is selling them they must be crap (or old and beat)!!!

Not true, I am selling my SP Twin jets which are great fins - just not the right fin for me anymore. Ive dove them for over 4 years and they are in excellent condition..

CaribbeanDiver
11-08-2007, 10:31
look at the OMS Slipstreams. Sell for around 80 bucks new at ST, have neutral to positive buoyancy characteristics and are stiff enough to allow you to do all kicks and traverse efficiently through water, even in currents.
if that dont do, I have some Scuba Pro Jets that I bought on ebay for $35 and will sell them to you for $15. I never wore em and dont need em. I think I even have some pictures if you need em.

mermoose
11-09-2007, 00:21
I don't think it's fair to assume used gear is crap:smiley29:.I have a pair of split fins that have exactly four dives on them.They are just too wide for my foot and give me blisters. I would love to be able to dive them, but I'd rather enjoy the diving than dive in cool looking fins. They are a ladies s/m or I'd say more about them. Sometime soon I'll list them here.

Hoeser
11-15-2007, 10:08
I dive Scubapro Twin-jets, they are basically new. I enjoy them but they aren't great for all types of diving. I am looking for a set of Scubapro jets, if that poster still has them for $15, what size are they? I would need XL at least, I wear a size 4XL Drysuit boot!

LiteHedded
11-15-2007, 10:56
i would try on a pair of xl jets before buying online.
they're a lot smaller than you would think
i wear a size 13 wet bootie and I can't even think about getting my foot in there. my foot barely fits with no bootie all all.

mcc2318
11-29-2007, 13:15
i might have some oceanic vectors that are blue pm me