PDA

View Full Version : Mares Avanti Superchannel Fin

moosicman
11-01-2007, 21:11
anyone had any experience...this is a consideration of mine in the, what seems to have no end in sight, fin decision....and yes i know many will say just try some on...but i dont' have a lds that has mares so there are none to try...and i'm not sure at this point i know enough to pick a cadillac from a pinto...so, i'm gonna be risky......so what do you think of the superchannel?

Clanggedin
11-01-2007, 23:20
Scuba Diving Magazine rated them the best full foot fin they tested in their last fin review. The only open heel fins that came close were the Apollo Bio fin and the Atomic "Smoke on the Water" fin.

MSilvia
11-02-2007, 07:40
My old Mares Avantis are my favorites of all the fins I've used, and I fully intend to check out the Superchannel version when they're due for replacement.

No Misses
11-02-2007, 08:40
I dive the Mares Avanti full foot fin. It is my favorite.

jugglematt
11-13-2007, 00:37
Hello All
im also looking at getting these fins .
my main concern is if the fin pocket will be big enough for my dry suit booties , also i have a big size 14us foot so the fin pocket has to be big .

i was also wondering if they were negative of positive boyant in the water?

regards

Matt

ScubaToys Larry
11-13-2007, 03:59
Mares Avanti Superchannel Open Heel, Fins, Mares, Mares Avanti Superchannel Open Heel (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AvantiSuperchannelOpenHeel)

The Mares Avanti Superchannel fin has the same size foot pocket as the other mares fins, like the quattro's. Surely there must be someone with a set of those you can bump into to try with your boots.

The XL Superchannel will fit a pretty big foot, but there are so many variations in boot styles it's hard to make a great call with the info we gave here. So try to find anyone who has an XL mares fin and see how they fit.

TRACI
11-13-2007, 08:13
I think I am sold, I have been considering purchasing these fins for awhile, but since they got such a good rating in the test dives, that has just reassured my choice, and you can't beat the price.

kenmendes
11-13-2007, 08:18
I have been thinking about buying a new pair of fins to. I think i might give the Mares a try

moosicman
11-13-2007, 12:15
i got my mares superchannels in friday and i LOVE them so much i wear them in the shower....not really, but i do like them..and would recommend them highly !

TRACI
11-13-2007, 12:41
I need to get my 250 post, a $50 gift certificate would help pay for a new pair of fins:)

Clanggedin
11-13-2007, 13:12
If I get another set of fins, I'm going to get a pair of these. They're inexpensive (compared to my bio fins) and I haven't heard one bad thing about them.