PDA

View Full Version : Just got two more in....

Doug B
11-04-2007, 21:40
Two buddies and I just got two more night dives in... during the Colts-Patriots game.

In the local quarry:
First dive was about 51 feet max, about 45 minutes, water temp was 57 degrees, with virtually no thermocline.

Second dive was similar. Vis near the bottom was about two feet.

For the first time in five years, saw a catfish in teh quarry. Length was about 12 inches.

Air temp was about 40 degrees when we got out. Steam was pouring off my wetsuit and gloves.... and me.

Fun time.

thor
11-04-2007, 21:48
During the game? I hope you had a tv down there

RoadRacer1978
11-05-2007, 04:59
Some things are more important. :) Good choice Doug B.....

Tableleg
11-05-2007, 10:59
During the game? I hope you had a tv down there Who needs live broadcasts since the invention of TIVO? :smiley36: I'd much rather go diving during the game and get to fast forward through all the commercials while drinking that post-dive beer. :smiley20:

kenmendes
11-05-2007, 11:03
You can always watch the highlights of the games

Doug B
11-05-2007, 21:15
Funny thing is... my wife is a die-hard sports fan, and I could not care less about sports.

I know the colts won the super bowl last year, but I have no idea who they played. I know who Peyton Manning is... his friggin photo is on every *&^% billboard here in the Indy area, but he's the only player I'd recognize in a police lineup.

If it's not work, scuba, or radio control airplanes.....i just dont care about it...

thor
11-05-2007, 21:59
I could not care less about sports.

*gasp*

Take that back. Stop the madness

navyhmc
11-12-2007, 07:06
Hmm, Diving or TV? Diving or TV? No question at all: TV during surface intervals!!! 'Course the wife hates the water on the couch.:smiley20:

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
11-12-2007, 08:10
I think I'm going to develop an underwater wrist-mount TV so we don't have to make these kinds of choices ;-)

Bill22
11-14-2007, 11:04
Funny thing is... my wife is a die-hard sports fan, and I could not care less about sports.

I know the colts won the super bowl last year, but I have no idea who they played. I know who Peyton Manning is... his friggin photo is on every *&^% billboard here in the Indy area, but he's the only player I'd recognize in a police lineup.

If it's not work, scuba, or radio control airplanes.....i just dont care about it...

The Baltimore Colts were in the Super Bowl??? Wow! ;-) :-))

MSilvia
11-14-2007, 11:36
I could not care less about sports.
*gasp*

I don't much care either. I like hockey and rugby, but not enough to make plans around. Football's okay, but I don't find it to be particularly exciting. I prefer sports that don't involve a stoppage of play every 10 seconds.

In any case, I'd rather get out and do things than sit on the couch watching other people be active. I play in an annual pre-superbowl football game that's way more important to me than the actual bowl game. Still... go Pats! ;)