PDA

View Full Version : Viper regulator? Still made? Experience?

mitsuguy
11-05-2007, 15:58
Although I have never used one, I like the idea of the Viper regulators... I see that scubatoys still has a page for them Viper America Regulators, Regulators, Dacor, Viper America Regulators (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ViperAmerica) but its not linked from their regulator page anymore...

it seems reasonably priced, and again, I like the idea - low profile, side exhaust, etc, but according to LP, they are discontinued...

Anyone have any experience with this too?

NitroWill
11-05-2007, 19:11
They are hard to find
and scuba toys is all out. I would suggest look at the Tusa RS-130 and then the mares viper brigade octo, its what I use and it beats some much more $$ setups!

mitsuguy
11-05-2007, 19:19
They are hard to find
and scuba toys is all out. I would suggest look at the Tusa RS-130 and then the mares viper brigade octo, its what I use and it beats some much more $$ setups!

my original plan was the RS-130, but I liked the side exhaust and very low profile design of the Viper... but if you can't get ahold of them, then it doesn't really matter...

NitroWill
11-05-2007, 19:20
Well, I guarantee you the RS-130 breaths better. The RS-130 is very smell as well, a lot smaller and lighter (both 1st and 2nd stage) then most other regulators, I say give it a shot..you wont be disappointed.

mitsuguy
11-05-2007, 19:40
Well, I guarantee you the RS-130 breaths better. The RS-130 is very smell as well, a lot smaller and lighter (both 1st and 2nd stage) then most other regulators, I say give it a shot..you wont be disappointed.

I've used the 130, and it will be what I buy... I think I'll still get the viper octo however, I like the ability to breathe on it either way...

okidiver
11-09-2007, 19:01
I hate to do this to Scubatoys but, if you go to SimplyScuba.com or Scubastore.com they appear to have them in stock.

Personally, I do have the Viper regulator and its a very good breathing regulator. I don't know why its not being sold or produced anymore (I think Dacor as a whole is done due budget problems or whatever), but I really like it. Side exhaust, streamlined and descently weighted. A bit of a wet breather, which means that it has a plastic tab in the second stage which absorbs the condensation from exhaled air and shoots back in your mouth on your next inhale. Simple to use and easy breather. If you can get one I don't think you'll be disappointed.

tbg0519
12-27-2007, 10:37
I got a viper last xmas, and a viper octo last spring. Love diving with them. Very consistent air when I'm diving, regardless of position in the water. Glad I got mine then, since they're now scarce.