PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Bio Moisture Filter??

TRACI
11-06-2007, 10:59
I always have a problem with getting a extremly dry mouth while diving, I am curious to know if the moisture filter does what it claims?

NitroWill
11-06-2007, 11:01
Check out this thread that was already started and discussed on the bio filter :)

http://forum.scubatoys.com/apollo/2510-apollo-bio-filter.html

somewhereinla
11-06-2007, 14:39
I have heard a lot of people love it and I have heard a few that didn't like it at all. I have never tried one myself, but if you have dry mouth you might want to try a reg. which second stage is made of metal, such as the Mares Proton Metal, and you will never experience dry mouth again.

philmayer
11-06-2007, 16:56
I have it and love it!

mike_s
11-06-2007, 17:35
Check out this thread that was already started and discussed on the bio filter :)

http://forum.scubatoys.com/apollo/2510-apollo-bio-filter.html

there is also a recent thread asking the same thing on SB.

I think most folks who had it and their wallet had suffered through the initial cost liked it.

I questioned why it cost all that much since all it is basically is metal tube with a wick in it.

seems overpriced to me. I think it was around $150 bucks. Of course the liveaboard I was on this summer had really dry air and one would have been nice also. (but I still wouldn't have paid $150 bucks for it).

Jipps
11-06-2007, 21:37
seems like a nice streamlined way to do it, but a camel back works great for me, lol.

walkonmars
11-10-2007, 13:36
I'll be going to Grenada (Peter Hughes) at the end of the month and will order one to take with me. I figure that diving every day four or five times a day justifies me getting one.

I agree for a threaded tube and a moist sponge, the price is a bit steep but they did the R+D to make sure it doesn't rupture and sealed it with several O-rings.

Will give a report when I'm back.

kyfriedchipper
11-13-2007, 00:28
Try Will's Capri Sun trick! $150 can buy you lots of Capri Sun packets!

davieeeee
11-13-2007, 01:11
Jipps, how exactly do you use your camlpak underwater? Seems like an interesting idea!!

Navy OnStar
11-13-2007, 09:08
I like the idea of moist air but I'm not 100% comfortable with the repeated dissassembly of the line between my 1st and 2nd stage. To me it seems like too much possibility for something to go wrong and if it does, it'll probably mean a rapid loss of air.

terrillja
11-13-2007, 17:08
I like the idea of moist air but I'm not 100% comfortable with the repeated dissassembly of the line between my 1st and 2nd stage. To me it seems like too much possibility for something to go wrong and if it does, it'll probably mean a rapid loss of air.

As for repeated disassembly, you don't have to disassemble it to add water, but you only have to disassemble it at the end of the day to pull the wick out, then at the start of the day to put it in again. I have one and love it, the only thing is I have to be careful about temperature, since I dive in NH.

Oh, and people always try to pick up my tank using it. You don't pick your tank up by its hoses, why can you pick it up using the filter? YOU CAN'T! Just my personal gripe.