PDA

View Full Version : Airfare?

Cichlid
07-19-2007, 21:12
Do you guys have a favorite place to buy airline tickets? Where have you found the best deals?

Illini_Fan
07-19-2007, 21:29
I use itasoftware.com (which is the software that runs a couple of the commerical sites) and amadeus.net for international. But if you want a full set of discussion on airline stuff, try flyertalk.com -- it is geared more towards those of us who spend far too much time on a plane, but has great information for anyone.

Joew
07-19-2007, 21:40
I use itasoftware.com (which is the software that runs a couple of the commerical sites) and amadeus.net for international. But if you want a full set of discussion on airline stuff, try flyertalk.com -- it is geared more towards those of us who spend far too much time on a plane, but has great information for anyone.

Thanks for posting. I'll have to check out these sites.

thesmoothdome
07-19-2007, 23:44
I just looked at amadeus.net. Is there a way to actually book flights on the site? It tells me to choose my desired flights, but nothing is clickable to do so.

Joew
07-19-2007, 23:46
I was just trying it out and noticed the same thing. What's the deal? I didn't see any prices listed either.

przeor
07-20-2007, 04:16
I like farecompare.com farecast.com (us only) kayak.com Although, I've found better prices by going to the airlines sites on occasion.

Illini_Fan
07-20-2007, 06:46
sorry to not be clear, I use Amadeus to understand availability -- you can't book directly from that site.

Liv7301
07-20-2007, 08:15
We have always been looking at the big commercial sites like Travelocity, Expedia, etc., or going to individual airline websites to do pricing for flights.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I like having having more options. Thanks for posting all of those great suggestions above!</DIV>

ertechsg
07-20-2007, 10:08
I use funjet, applevacations, worryfree a lot of time the have small comuter jets flights $99 depending on where your going. My wife and I flew to Coz in may for $400 total roundtrip

NinaBo7
07-20-2007, 10:39
I like kayak.com and sidestep.com, since they aggregate all the info available at discount sites like expedia, travelocity, and they usually searchaa.com, usair.com, also.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Kayak has this neat graph that shows you how much the fare have been in the past few weeks as well (if enough people have searched for your itinerary) so you can speculate when the rates will be cheapest.</DIV>

harb99
07-20-2007, 10:58
I like Kayak as well - once you know what flight you want, you can check on the airline's website to see if it is cheaper.

przeor
07-21-2007, 04:19
Farecompare.com has getaway maps- put in your home airport and you can see prices to the top destinations around the world. Good way to plan dive trips, look for the cheap airfare and try a new place.

jawfish
08-04-2007, 09:10
If you are looking for the best deal, look at ALL of them and realize prices change DAILY and sometimes HOURLY. If you can't find a great rate today, look again tomorrow. Look at midnight but especially, look on Tuesday (often the best day for pricing).

WaterRat
08-04-2007, 09:52
I usually use Orbitz to get a feel for what is out there.