PDA

View Full Version : So How Did We Do?

creggur
07-20-2007, 07:20
Wife and I ordered our first set of SCUBA gear last night. Here's our stuff and some of the reasons behind what we chose.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>This is my third order with Scubatoys since we signed up for our OW class a little over a month ago. We got our personal gear packages from ST and returned to them to get this stuff after we passed our check dives Monday.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Me: Zeagle Brigade- Ranger straps+ compact bladder + $$=great value</DIV>
<DIV> Zeagle Envoy - Perfect breathing machine scores</DIV>
<DIV>ZeagleOcto-Z - We trained on Air2's &amp; liked the configuration</DIV>
<DIV> Veo 180 Console - Great $$ + simple + room to grow into Nitrox</DIV>
<DIV>Neosport 4/3 - Wide temp range for springs + off shore dives</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Wife Zeagle Zena - Custom fit capability for petite frame</DIV>
<DIV> Zeagle Envoy </DIV>
<DIV>ZeagleOcto-Z</DIV>
<DIV>Veo 180 Console </DIV>
<DIV>Oceanic 3mm titanium lined +3mm hooded vest </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>We also got for each of us: Zeagle Yellow Weight Thingies, andRetractors to keep the consoles streamlined and conveniently located..</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Can't say enough good things about ST helping us select and providing a great deal!!!</DIV>

przeor
07-20-2007, 07:43
Seems like you are all squared away! the 180 is just like my 250- you'll really enjoy the computer. Have heard nothing but good things about the brigade, and we love our Zeagle regs! Good choices all around. Now quit posting and get diving!! Let me know how you like the Neosport suit, I'm debating about picking one up soon...

creggur
07-20-2007, 07:54
Now quit posting and get diving!! Let me know how you like the Neosport suit, I'm debating about picking one up soon...
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Just waitin' for the weekend!!!http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Will let you know about the suit...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Vercingetorix
07-20-2007, 12:49
Let me know how you like the Neosport suit, I'm debating about picking one up soon... You may want to look at the Henderson Thermoprene 3mm at ST. I got one during their party sale in June for $120. Very easy don/doff. Feels like you're wearing nothing, because it's very stretchy. So stretchy, that I had to go a size smaller to a medium size instead of large.

Illini_Fan
07-20-2007, 13:12
I think you'll enjoy the brigade (can't speak to any of the other gear as my setup is different).

And congrats on passing OW and joining the dive community!

przeor
07-21-2007, 04:31
Let me know how you like the Neosport suit, I'm debating about picking one up soon... You may want to look at the Henderson Thermoprene 3mm at ST. I got one during their party sale in June for $120. Very easy don/doff. Feels like you're wearing nothing, because it's very stretchy. So stretchy, that I had to go a size smaller to a medium size instead of large.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Hmm.... i wonder if the ST boys would hook me up with that price? I am happy (cause I'd be broke if I went) but sad (cause of the good deals) that we live too far to get to the party sale at ST... That suit might be just what the doctor ordered looking at it online... </DIV>

Vercingetorix
07-21-2007, 17:55
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Hmm.... i wonder if the ST boys would hook me up with that price? I am happy (cause I'd be broke if I went) but sad (cause of the good deals) that we live too far to get to the party sale at ST... That suit might be just what the doctor ordered looking at it online... </DIV> PM Larry or Joe. Tell them you were at the party "in spirit". I understand that begging and pleading sometimes work as well.

przeor
07-22-2007, 01:53
Maybe if I throw in a few tears.... http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif