PDA

View Full Version : Member location

Dive-aholic
07-20-2007, 07:35
Not a bug or problem, but a suggestion.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>How about instead of just United States you allow a typed entry for location? It would be nice to see where in the US other members are from.</DIV>

frankc420
07-20-2007, 08:39
We'll be on a new server and new forum software by the end of next week.

We are going to be on vBulletin!

(we as in the forum community)

94GTStang
07-20-2007, 13:38
Repost
http://scubatoys.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=96
smileys/smiley2.gif

cyclical
07-20-2007, 22:03
ahh good ol VB....
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thats what I run on our local Oklahoma Mustang Club... pretty stable, good functionality. I have been using it for around 5 years now. </DIV>
<DIV>:)</DIV>

94GTStang
07-20-2007, 22:35
I wonder if they will use the miserable user hack like we do?

ScubaToys Larry
07-20-2007, 22:45
I wonder if they will use the miserable user hack like we do?

huh?

Dive-aholic
07-21-2007, 01:11

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>So is everything from here (threads, posts, etc) going to be flipped over to vBulletin?</DIV>

przeor
07-21-2007, 06:35
Wait until I hit 250 posts, i'd not want to lose my post count so close!!!

ScubaToys Larry
07-21-2007, 06:51

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>So is everything from here (threads, posts, etc) going to be flipped over to vBulletin?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Yes... they have an import feature, and it will just migrate all this over.</DIV>

Dive-aholic
07-21-2007, 22:10
Great! Looking forward to the new functions.

ScubaToys Larry
07-21-2007, 23:35
One function I was looking at... how do you guys feel about instant chat. I've been looking into it, and the flashchat module seems to be the one that integrates best with vb acording to what I've read.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>So what do you guys think?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>And any other features you want for sure, I'll try to get on there when I get a chance.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Another thing I was looking at is a module I've seen where each member gets their own private upload space - I would not go throwing your credit card info there... but if you wanted a copy of your C-card (handy if lost when traveling) you could post it up, get to cozumel, find anyone with internet access, pull up the board, put in your password and show the dive operator a scan of your c-card.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Would something like that be useful?</DIV>

Venio
07-21-2007, 23:40
Instant chat sounds awesome! It will be nice if there are more emoticonssmileys/smiley2.gif!

frankc420
07-21-2007, 23:53
One function I was looking at... how do you guys feel about instant chat. I've been looking into it, and the flashchat module seems to be the one that integrates best with vb acording to what I've read.
<div></div>
<div>So what do you guys think?</div>
<div></div>
<div>And any other features you want for sure, I'll try to get on there when I get a chance.</div>
<div></div>
<div>Another thing I was looking at is a module I've seen where each member gets their own private upload space - I would not go throwing your credit card info there... but if you wanted a copy of your C-card (handy if lost when traveling) you could post it up, get to cozumel, find anyone with internet access, pull up the board, put in your password and show the dive operator a scan of your c-card.</div>
<div></div>
<div>Would something like that be useful?</div>

It's funny that you ask this, I just added flashchat to the forum I posted for you to look at this last week! I like it... You can even add a bot and have it answer questions that you define..

kevinj1
07-22-2007, 00:22
i like the idea of your own private space. That is a pretty unique feature.
<DIV></DIV>

TommyB
07-22-2007, 02:05
<div></div>
<div>So what do you guys think?</div>
<div></div>
<div>And any other features you want for sure, I'll try to get on there when I get a chance.</div>
<div></div>

Depends on what FlashChat your looking at. Couple of them are real easy to hack..
If your running this on a windoz box, then you'll not be able to run apache's mod_security to set the rules to keep the hackers from trying to gain root access.

You'll be doing IIS / with php for windows and mysql for windows.
Send me a PM, or just post here what flashchat your thinking about using.
Some of the flash / java is too easy to hack, so might want to let the security folks know about it first before you implement it. :)

http://securitydot.net/xpl/exploits/vulnerabilities/articles/1420/exploit.html
http://securityreason.com/exploitalert/1040
http://seclists.org/bugtraq/2007/Feb/0033.html
(just a few to read) ..

Heck, if you want to do real time voice chatting anywhere in the world for free, no cost to you or your clients. I might be willing to use one of my servers that I have globally located.

Ventrillo servers for voice comm's.
http://www.clan-solutions.com/ventrilo_servers.php#slocations

and if ya want to know more about ventrilo
http://www.ventrilo.com/applications.php

Granted it's used mainly by my gaming customers, but have a few business clients that I donate stuff to. (business guys that love to play games) :) but use the vent servers for free long distance chats globally

Let me know if it's something ya want to play with and I'll set ya up a server..

Tommy //

Lucky(AR)
07-22-2007, 09:58
i like the private message just incase you find you a lil scuba love..lol but a instant chat would be cool too

Dive-aholic
07-23-2007, 00:12
The chat feature is nice. I've used it a couple of times on the Dive Matrix. It's nice to have. It's also pretty popular over there most nights. As for the private space. It's a nice idea. I'm not sure I'd use it, but it might be useful for others.