PDA

View Full Version : Done for the Year?

hychang
11-08-2007, 16:11
Anyone doing any diving locally or calling it for the winter?

MSilvia
11-08-2007, 16:21
I'm done for the year, but only because I'm focusing on a house restoration. I'll probably be back in the water in late january.

TRACI
11-08-2007, 16:29
Done for the year, but at least I am going to Cozumel in January

comet24
11-08-2007, 16:37
Yep I am done for the year. Although I was in the Bahamas two weeks ago. Made 28 dive while there not a bad week. Last local dive was in Sept. at Dutch Springs.

Wait I lied I will be diving in the Baltimore Aquarium in Dec. Does that count?

texdiveguy
11-08-2007, 16:58
Come on guys and gals....the BEST part of the year for diving is just starting!!!

ScubaJenn81
11-08-2007, 18:11
I am done for a while, as I am still a wetsuit diver.

Kokomo
11-08-2007, 18:42
Might get a few more days at Mt Storm if we're lucky. But going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in February.

WV Diver
11-08-2007, 18:51
I'm done. I may do a New Years Day dive but then that is next year isn't it.

How many did you all log?

118 for me.

hychang
11-08-2007, 19:18
A co-worker told me about this today and I checked it out on their website: Guest Diver Program (http://www.aqua.org/guestdiverprogram.html) This sounds like a really cool dive. Yep, I'd say this counts. When in Dec. are you doing this? :smiley20:

Cheddarchick
11-08-2007, 19:21
Sigh.....Huge sigh.....Done it was 30* here yesterday....Soooooooo depressed....Man I hate winter....

BoomerNJ
11-08-2007, 19:47
Diving this weekend & hopefully next at Dutch Springs, PA! I love my new dry suit! :biggrinbounce2:

comet24
11-08-2007, 19:49
A co-worker told me about this today and I checked it out on their website: Guest Diver Program (http://www.aqua.org/guestdiverprogram.html) This sounds like a really cool dive. Yep, I'd say this counts. When in Dec. are you doing this? :smiley20:

I have to check but I think I am scheduled for the first weekend in Dec. It's a great fun dive. The dives are always on Saturday in the late afternoon. Great to come dive and then have dinner at the Inner Harbor. Lots of people bring family to watch although they have to enter and pay the normal entrance fees. You get two dives one in the Ray tank and one in the Atlantic Coral Reef tank.

BTW I have done it a few times and still enjoy going every time. I volunteer my time as a DM with the dive shop that does this program to help with their classes. This is a benifit although it does require some work and I don't alway get to do both dive.

cshel
11-10-2007, 08:43
Yeah, we are done too. :smiley13:

ertechsg
11-10-2007, 08:57
Unless someone gives me a trip between now and the end of DEC i'm done:smiley19:

RoadRacer1978
11-10-2007, 09:37
If work will ever slow down enough, I'll be back in the water. Right now I'm working too much to get to dive. :(

emcbride81
11-11-2007, 02:33
Done till Jan or Feb, only got in 15 dives this year :(

Kunk35
11-11-2007, 06:51
We aren't done! No Way!! Bring on the 7mm and the 46deg water and the good viz! WhooHooo!!

Okay, I'm not that excited about the cold, but we will keep diving. We just bought Rhonda a 7mm Hyperstretch, and for that price, I'll throw her in the water just to make sure she uses it.

John and I got in somewhere around 80 dives in the year since we were certified. I think Rhonda is around 35 or so since July. We were talking about that last night around the campfire. Diving has morphed from a hobby into more of a lifestyle thing for us.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
11-11-2007, 07:07
I hope I'm not done for the year but I don't have anything planned.

hychang
11-12-2007, 09:20
Going to your other thread as it's related to this one, have you decided where you're going to dive while you in the Tidewater area over the Thanksgiving holiday?

BSea
11-12-2007, 09:25
I hope to make at least a few more. I've got 48 dives right now, so I need 2 more to make my 50 (my annual goal now that I've crossed the 50 year mark).

Dry suits are your friend this time of year. Just need some sunny days without wind.

thor
11-12-2007, 09:52
Done until the end of the year. *Heavy Sigh*

12-04-2007, 14:40
Going to your other thread as it's related to this one, have you decided where you're going to dive while you in the Tidewater area over the Thanksgiving holiday?

I missed this post. I stopped at the Lynnhaven shop in Virginia Beach and they were running that weekend but unfortunately I didn't have my gear with me. If I had had at least my mask and fins (which they don't rent) I would have just rented the rest of the gear but I couldn't justify buying a new mask and fins and renting gear and paying a charter fee.

This weekend I'm diving dry for the first time and I'm thinking about going on a half-day charter to an in shore wreck on December 29th. So I'm not yet done for the year. Yay!

No Misses
12-04-2007, 15:28
I am not done yet <evil smile>. Work called, and ended my day early last Saturday. With any luck I will get 9 more dives in this year (3 x 3 tank trips).

hychang
12-04-2007, 15:45
Lucky you!! ( I"m jealous!!) :smiley_cryingHyster

I am not done yet <evil smile>. Work called, and ended my day early last Saturday. With any luck I will get 9 more dives in this year (3 x 3 tank trips).

hychang
12-04-2007, 15:50
Awesome!! Where are you diving this weekend?

This weekend I'm diving dry for the first time and I'm thinking about going on a half-day charter to an in shore wreck on December 29th. So I'm not yet done for the year. Yay!

12-04-2007, 16:24
Awesome!! Where are you diving this weekend?

Fantasy Lake

hychang
12-06-2007, 08:53
Cool, where is that? Hope you have a good dive. :smiley20:

Fantasy Lake

12-06-2007, 13:59
Rolesville, NC

Fantasy Lake Scuba Park (http://www.fantasylakescubapark.com/)

tarheeldiver
12-06-2007, 14:23
Rolesville, NC

Joe have you ever dove in of the PDRA quarries? I go to the one at Blanche.

hychang
12-06-2007, 14:55
Thanks for the link. Looks like a great place to dive. Enjoy!!

Rolesville, NC

12-06-2007, 15:42
Rolesville, NC

Joe have you ever dove in of the PDRA quarries? I go to the one at Blanche.

I went to that one as a guest one time. Haven't been to the other two, yet. I've been thinking about joining, though. Some pretty nice sized catfish in that lake, btw.

Matt P
12-09-2007, 09:26
I'm done for the year. Probably won't get wet again until March-ish. Ugh...

Grin
12-09-2007, 09:40
Not a chance! As long as it doesn't blow too hard, I'll dive all year. I grew up in Indiana and I couldn't imagine living there these days. Yesterday, I took a day off from diving and went fishing. 3 sailfish released, two nice dolphin released(I filleted 4 dolphin out last week so I let these guys go today), a few sharks and a kingfish all released. I work and dive with forum member"No-Misses" sometimes. I should be diving right now, but I am on call this weekend and it's a little windy(semi rough seas) today. Next weekend it's on! I should have my new Light Cannon by then also.

emcbride81
12-09-2007, 09:43
Not a chance! As long as it doesn't blow too hard, I'll dive all year. I grew up in Indiana and I couldn't imagine living there these days. Yesterday, I took a day off from diving and went fishing. 3 sailfish released, two nice dolphin released(I filleted 4 dolphin out last week so I let these guys go today), a few sharks and a kingfish all released. I work and dive with forum member"No-Misses" sometimes. I should be diving right now, but I am on call this weekend and it's a little windy(semi rough seas) today. Next weekend it's on! I should have my new Light Cannon by then also.

rub it in a little harder man! :)

WV Diver
12-09-2007, 09:54
Grin, if I were in Florida I would dive everyday, regardless, with the exception of hurricanes of course. But in the Mid-Atlantic region we have real weather to contend with. Yes we are and stay upset about it, but at least we can travel to get our fix, expensive as it is.

RoadRacer1978
12-09-2007, 09:57
I don't know for sure that I am done for the year. I may try to get in one more dive just to see how cold I get. With a 5mm suit, hood, gloves and boots I may be able to get in one more, but as it gets colder I am thinking probably not. Someday, not this year, but someday I'll get a drysuit and hopefully be able to dive year round. :) That will be great.

Grin
12-09-2007, 10:09
The dumbest thing I ever did was live in the Florida Keys(Marathon) for three years and not get dive Certified. I finally got with the picture after moving up here, just North of Palm Beach, about 8 years ago. Now I am completely addicted to diving. Fishing is boring. No-Misses and myself, and a few other guys, have made multiple trips to the Bahamas on our personal boats for week long trips. We just snorkle the entire week away and fish a little. We don't go to the popular Bahamas spots either. It's around 100 miles of water to get to the Walkers Cay area, and it's pristeene there. Walkers has been closed for about 5 years and there is just one populated little true Bahamian island in that area where we stay. When I moved to Florida in 1994 I thought it would be one year and I'd be back up North. I was almost positive I was making a huge mistake then, but I was detrermined to take the chance. I have to say it was the smartest thing I've ever done. I do often wonder why anyone would live here if they didn't partake in anything the ocean has to offer though. Florida is full of idiots, but it's worth it! Seems we are in the news everyday for some Floridiots actions!

WV Diver
12-09-2007, 10:17
You don't have the market cornered on idiots believe me. We have our share also. But as far as the diving I have spent a lot of time diving the Keys and it is a quick and easy location for me. I just can't get down there as much and as often as I would like.

I started the 07 season in Florida springs on 8 Feb, then spent 10 days in the Keys in early May and did my last dive 31 Oct. All together I did 118 dives, if I lived in Florida I could easily imagine that number doubling.

I envy you down there. Dive one for me.