PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a compact strobe?

davieeeee
11-09-2007, 02:57
Can anyone suggest a compact strobe setup? It doesnt matter if the strobe is listed on ScubaToys or not, as I am sure the team would be happy to try and locate it if I decide to get it.

The reason I am looking for a compact strobe is that it is going to be used with an average digital compact camera setup, nothing fancy, and I dont really want to be lugging around massive setups on my holidays. I just want something that will add a bit more light without attracting too much attention. Also, I am mainly a shore diver, so the less bulk to carry the better!

Aussie
11-09-2007, 03:23
Can anyone suggest a compact strobe setup? It doesnt matter if the strobe is listed on ScubaToys or not, as I am sure the team would be happy to try and locate it if I decide to get it.

The reason I am looking for a compact strobe is that it is going to be used with an average digital compact camera setup, nothing fancy, and I dont really want to be lugging around massive setups on my holidays. I just want something that will add a bit more light without attracting too much attention. Also, I am mainly a shore diver, so the less bulk to carry the better!

What camera do you have?

Have a look at the little ikelite ds51 with remote sensor. ST sells them too.

Aussie

davieeeee
11-09-2007, 20:29
Thanks I'll have a look at it now. I have a Konika Minolta Xg.
Its just a throw around camera which I managed to find a housing for at a bargain price which is why im using it. I dont think Im prepared to take my dSLR underwater just yet hehe

jugglematt
12-09-2007, 04:58
Hey Davie
why not have a look at the Inon Uw strobes. compact, focus light ,good manual control , easy to operate , reliable , able to grow with you as your skill developes. just doa google on inon , there are dealers in australia ,the us and all around
regards
matt