PDA

View Full Version : TUSA Visualator M-14 Mask

carbon
11-09-2007, 14:36
Does anyone have the specifics to disassemble the frame and lens on this mask? I managed to get a bunch of mold growing in the crevices, and I would like to thouroughly clean it out.

I have tried a hydrogen-peroxide soak, but some mold still remains. I am reluctant to try a bleach solution.

Thanks,
carbon

ChrisA
11-09-2007, 18:04
Does anyone have the specifics to disassemble the frame and lens on this mask?

I have one and recently did this. It's just the "Standard" constuction. You ply the plastic parts of the frame apart using a sharp knife. Masks are not really made to be user dis-assembled so there is always some risk of damage. It is easy tobreak the plastic parts or cut the silicone skirt if you slip.

The plastic inner frame can be pyied loose. After this then the maion part of the frame comes right off and thent the sjirt is easy to seporate from the glass.

When I re-asemble masks I get the part wet with water that has a small amont of soap mixed in. Do leak cheak it before you use it and make sure the two parts of the plastic frame are in coode contact. Make sure you hear or feel it go "click" in each place there is a clip.

carbon
11-09-2007, 19:39
Thanks Chris,

Is the first step to pry the tabs open next to each mask strap mounting hole? On my mask, this is a very tight fit.

carbon

P.S. So far I haven't punctured the silicon skirt, just my finger. My finger will grow back. :-)