PDA

View Full Version : When do you need to change your underwater casing o-ring?

superkingkong
11-10-2007, 12:13
Hey,

just wondering, how often do you change one? or every year? or when you can see some wear and tear on the o-ring?

cheers.

Aussie
11-10-2007, 15:07
Hey,

just wondering, how often do you change one? or every year? or when you can see some wear and tear on the o-ring?

cheers.

I change my o-rings maybe every 6-12 months or so. Especially with alot of diving. Just look how stretched your o-ring gets with a brand new one.

I try and have new spare o-ring on hand all the time. If anything looks suspect just change it.

Aussie

quasimoto
11-12-2007, 16:16
If you wait till you see wear and tear then you might end up with a flood. Personally it is about every year. Just depends upon how much I use the camera.

superkingkong
11-12-2007, 16:22
what do you think if i use it for about, let say, 20 times a year?

jamescrew6
12-12-2007, 09:25
I change my o-rings every year whether they need to be changed or not. It is cheap insurance to reduce the possibility of a flood. Replacing your camera can cost you alot while an o-ring set only costs a few bucks.

Regards,

Bill

ReefHound
12-12-2007, 09:49
I change my o-rings every year whether they need to be changed or not. It is cheap insurance to reduce the possibility of a flood. Replacing your camera can cost you alot while an o-ring set only costs a few bucks.

Regards,

Bill

I wonder how the number of flooded cameras due to improper o-ring changing compares to the number flooded due to lack of o-ring changing?