PDA

View Full Version : Uwatec battery

schu1842
11-11-2007, 11:09
I dive an Aladin Sport that I purchased several years ago on Ebay. Its been a great inexpensive computer but the battery life is now at 53% so sooner or later I'll be replacing the battery or computer. I'm told the battery is $75.00. With computer prices falling I'm wondering whether I'd be better off just getting a new computer or investing in the battery. What does everyone think?

CompuDude
11-11-2007, 13:33
If your computer is Nitrox compatible, hang onto it, because Uwatec makes good computers. If it's not, it may be worth considering an upgrade.

OTOH, if it's working well for the type of diving you do, there's really no actual need to change it out.

diversteve
11-11-2007, 14:27
The batteries aren't user-replaceable so be prepared for your LDS to send it back to Uwatec/Scubapro when you do need it replaced. A buddy of mine with a similar vintage Uwatec had his quit working when the battery was at something like 32%.
I have a Sport Plus (or Ultra?), I like it but I think I'll buy a different brand so that I can change the battery myself. Also I'm considering an AI wireless wrist model so I don't have to stop shooting video to look down at my gauges.

Also it's at least 5-6 years old so I wonder if some of the newer algorithms aren't better.

fyi, LeisurePro has replacement covers for $12. http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/UTCGPASPP.html